- Desktop optimization datasheet
Innovative Microsoft desktop optimization solutions help transform the desktop infrastructure and empower government workers while reducing cost, managing risks, and increasing staff productivity across applications, devices, and locations.
- Achieving cost and resource savings with Microsoft Unified Communications
Learn how Unified Communications provides proactive responses to the harsh economic environment and how Microsoft UC solutions can enable those responses for your Enterprise.
- Office 2010 for government
Microsoft Office 2010 provides the best productivity experience across the PC, phone, and browser to help you rise to the challenge of today's government IT environment without losing sight of what is important to you and your consistuents' success.
- Guide to getting the most out of your Software Assurance Benefits
Read these practical steps and insider tips for getting themost from Software Assurance.
- Making cities energy-smart
Learn about the central role of cloud-computing in making cities energy-smart.
- The IT energy efficiency imperative
A white paper for decision makers on the urgency and benefits of embracing IT energy efficiency principles and practices.
- Energy-smart buildings white paper
Find out how information technology can cut energy use and costs of real estate portfolios
- E-book: Office 365: A better way to communicate for government
See how government at all levels can communicate better and work together from virtually anywhere, around the clock.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM government fact sheet
Find out how Microsoft Dynamics CRM can help governments meet unique requirements, streamline processes, and help improve service delivery.
- The total economic impact of implementing Microsoft's productivity platform
Forrester Consulting examined the total economic impact that enterprises may realize by deploying Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, Exchange 2010 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2 together.
- The total economic impact of Microsoft Lync Server 2010
Read this Forrester report on the benefits of Microsoft Lync Server.
- Voicemail: A story of unrealized potential
With the power of Unified Messaging and Exchange Server 2010, you can not only save money, you can transform voicemail into an enhanced productivity tool that helps users get more from their communications.
- Capturing Communications Enabled Business Process (CEBP) value
How Unified Communications software delivers Communications Enabled Business Processes (CEBP) to reduce costs and improve results for your enterprise.
- Expanding business benefit and lowering costs through desktop optimization
IDC Research shows that advanced management tools such as Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, when applied and used properly, will offer a positive return on investment (ROI).
- The total economic impact of Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
Forrester found that organizations can achieve quantifiable benefits from App-V in terms of labor cost savings associated with ICT management, hardware cost and footprint reductions, reduced help desk workloads, and enhanced user productivity.
- Public sector buyer's guide for office productivity in the cloud
Looking for innovative ways to do more with less, governments of all sizes are turning to cloud computing as a key way to save money.
- Microsoft private cloud white paper: Functionality, benefits, and economics
This paper defines private cloud using industry standard concepts, explains the Microsoft products needed to create a Microsoft private cloud solution, and defines the technology benefits a Microsoft private cloud solution provides.
- Server infrastructure optimization: Best practices to reduce IT operational costs
This paper shows how organizations can reduce costs and improve their IT efficiency by optimizing their core infrastructure and adopting server-related best practices.
- The way to Gov 2.0 white paper
With calls for increasing levels of accountability, participation, and collaboration, government leaders recognize how new applications of technology—and Web 2.0 in particular—can help bring about the desired changes collectively referred to as Gov 2.0.
- Addressing cloud computing security considerations with a partner private cloud
This paper provides high-level insight into how cloud computing security considerations can be addressed using Microsoft technology to build a private cloud.
- Building blocks for an accessible cloud: Microsoft's accessible technology vision and strategy
Microsoft's commitment to creating an ecosystem of accessible technologies runs deep, and includes development of a number of core accessible technology “building blocks.”
- Government 2.0 in Canada white paper
Learn about the Canadian government's commitment to using Government 2.0 to help chart the course to social and economic opportunity for all Canadians. This white paper examines Open Web, Open Access & Open Source scenarios and benefits.
- Microsoft, PHP, and open source: A pragmatic alliance white paper
This paper describes how Microsoft is building bridges to the world of open source, including support of PHP in Windows Server, the SQL Server database system, and other products such as the Expression Web development tool.
- IT solution accelerator scorecard and dashboard samples
A framework for creating IT Operations scorecards, dashboards, and analytics with Microsoft SQL Server, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX availability guide
Microsoft Dynamics AX is localized, translated, and supported by Microsoft and made generally available in several countries and languages.
- Privacy in the public cloud: The Office 365 approach
This white paper examines Microsoft's broad approach to privacy governance and describes how these principles and processes have been applied to our latest cloud-based productivity service, Office 365.
- Addressing cloud computing security considerations with Office 365
This paper provides high-level insight into how cloud computing security considerations can be addressed using Microsoft Office 365, a public cloud service.
- Cybersecurity: Cornerstone of a safe, connected society
Thie white paper from the Trustworthy Computing team explains how Microsoft can help governments create more effective cybersecurity policies and practices to help protect public health and safety, economic security, and national defense.
- Cybersecurity: More than a good headline
This white paper offers food for thought for a model that could be used to structure cybersecurity initiatives and build a maturity model to ensure a long-term, sustainable approach to a government's cybersecurity agenda.
- Performance management scorecards and dashboards for IT operations data
This paper provides a framework for creating IT Operations scorecards, dashboards, and analytics with Microsoft SQL Server, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Microsoft Performance Point Server 2007.