About the Book
Master the information server of the future.
RUNNING MICROSOFT INTERNET INFORMATION SERVER 4.0 gives you everything—from an overview of how the Internet works with local area networks and intranets to advanced server concepts. This comprehensive book for system administrators and IIS professionals covers practical administration, (to come), and their integration into businesses and organizations using Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0.
RUNNING MICROSOFT INTERNET INFORMATION SERVER 4.0 covers these vital networking topics in detail:
• Setting up the TCP/IP environment
• Internet Information Server (IIS) installation, configuration, and administration
• Intranet security with firewalls, gateways, and proxies
• Installing and maintaining FTP servers
• HTML. HTTP, FTP, NNTP, and SMTP protocols
• Web Publishing Service—network sockets, database and Web server integration
• Extending IIS functionality with the Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI)
Plus—RUNNING MICROSOFT INTERNET INFORMATION SERVER 4.0 includes chapters on Transactional ASP and Index Server written by Nicholas D. Evans, Technical Director, National Internet Practice, Coopers & Lybrand Consulting, and author of Inside Visual InterDev.
Internet Information Services (IIS) 6 Resource Kit
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and IIS 5.0 Administrator's Pocket Consultant
Microsoft® Internet Information Services 5.0 Documentation
Number of Ratings: 4