"Support staff looking for help in deploying and administering Windows NT® Workstation for the first time will find the Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Resource Kit a useful guide."
About the Book
Here's the ultimate companion to Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 4.0!
MICROSOFT WINDOWS NT WORKSTATION RESOURCE KIT contains both a comprehensive technical guide and a CD-ROM that contains useful utilities and accessory programs designed to help you take full advantage of the power of Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 4.0. It is the most comprehensive technical information source available, and it contains essential reference information on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 4.0.
The MICROSOFT WINDOWS NT WORKSTATION RESOURCE KIT includes:
- An overview of the architecture of the Windows NT Workstation components and supporting technologies
- A comprehensive guide to optimizing Windows NT Workstation using the Performance Monitoring tools included on the CD-ROM
- A guide to file system options, to reliability and recoverability, and to preparing for and implementing multiple boot options, including a detailed rundown of what happens at startup
- An exclusive guide to the Windows NT Registry, including an overview of the registry and configuration management, and a guide to using the two registry editors
- A networking section that provides an overview of the networking services in Windows NT and the TCP/IP transport
- A comprehensive troubleshooting section
For the administrator, there is a section that describes strategies for deployment in large organizations and compatibility with other network and operating systems that may already be in place.
The enclosed CD-ROM includes a wide variety of tools, utilities, and accessory softwaremore than 100 programs in allto help you work more efficiently with, troubleshoot, and support Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 4.0.
Number of Ratings: 33