About the Book
Take reuse, scalability, and extensibility to the next level with object-oriented design patterns.
Making the most of an object-oriented programming language can be challenging unless you carefully consider the ramifications of your application’s design before you jump into its implementation. MICROSOFT®VISUAL BASIC® DESIGN PATTERNS teaches you how to design and code higher-quality object-oriented systems in Visual Basic by capitalizing on design patterns—predefined solutions to common object-oriented design issues. The author illuminates 10 immediately useful, object-oriented design patterns that you can use with Visual Basic versions 5, 6, and beyond to build more scalable, reusable, and elegant applications. Coverage includes:
• The basics of Visual Basic object-oriented programming and Microsoft COM
• A directory of design patterns for common Visual Basic OOP problems
• The purpose of, best use of, and object model for each pattern
• Roles and relationships between objects in each pattern
• Ramifications of using each pattern, plus related patterns
• How to select the appropriate pattern for your problem
• An implementation of each pattern as a working sample application, complete with code analysis and comments
An electronic version of this book is available on the companion CD.
Programming Distributed Applications with COM+ and Microsoft® Visual Basic® 6.0, Second Edition
Client/Server Programming with Microsoft® Visual Basic®
Microsoft® Visual Basic® 4.0 Developer's Workshop, Third Edition
Number of Ratings: 8