About the Book
Official Microsoft study guide for the skills you need on the job—and on the exam.
Make the right design decisions to protect your business network—and prepare for the Microsoft® Certified Professional (MCP) exam—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through a system of case-study scenarios and tutorials to gain practical experience planning the security infrastructure for a Windows® 2000 network. As you build these real-world design skills, you’re also preparing for MCP Exam 70-220—a core credit* on the Windows 2000 MCSE track.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN.
• Analyzing business requirements, including strategies, structures, and processes
• Evaluating your company’s existing and planned technical environment
• Identifying security risks and requirements and defining security baselines
• Planning an authentication strategy and Public Key Infrastructure
• Controlling access to resources using EFS, NTFS, security groups, and Group Policy
• Designing security for Windows 2000 network services: DNS, Remote Installation Services (RIS), SNMP, and Terminal Services
• Developing an IPSec data encryption scheme and management strategy
• Providing secure connections for users of remote access services, VPNs, extranets, or the Internet
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE.
• Comprehensive self-paced training manual that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
• Case study-based exercises that help you apply what you learn to the job
• Summaries and end-of-chapter review questions to help gauge your progress
• 120-day evaluation version of Windows 2000 Advanced Server
• All the book’s content—plus supplemental materials—on CD-ROM
• NEW! Sample MCSE Readiness Review practice-test questions on line. See “About This Book” for details.
- For complete information on MCSE core and elective requirements, go to: microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Second Edition
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-299): Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Network
MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-298): Designing Security for a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Network
Number of Ratings: 89