About the Book
Official Microsoft study guide for the skills you need on the job—and on the exam.
Learn how to deliver exceptional performance and scalability to your business information systems—and prepare for the Microsoft® Certified Professional (MCP) exam—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through a system of lessons and hands-on exercises to gain practical experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting SQL Server™ 2000. As you build these real-world database administration skills, you’re also preparing for MCP Exam 70-228—an elective for MCSE/MCSA certification and a core exam on the MCDBA track.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN.
• Installing or upgrading to SQL Server 2000
• Configuring database options—capacity, connectivity, and performance
• Automating data transfer and manipulation with Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages
• Using SQL Server replication services
• Managing security—authentication, logins, permissions, and alerts
• Monitoring and fine-tuning system performance with tools such as SQL Server Agent, SQL Profiler, and the Windows® System Monitor
• Performing backups and restorations
HERE’S WHAT’S INSIDE.
• Comprehensive self-paced training manual that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
• Skill-building practice exercises that help you apply what you learn to the job
• Summaries and end-of-chapter review questions to help gauge your progress
• 120-day evaluation version of SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
• All the book’s content—plus sample databases and technical white papers—on CD-ROM
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Second Edition
MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Migrating to Active Directory®; Exam 70-272
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-299): Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Network
Number of Ratings: 115