About the Book
The comprehensive guide to planning, deployment, and everyday maintenance—straight from the experts.
Get your mission-critical systems up and running quickly—and maximize your organization’s productivity—with the essential guide to installing, configuring, and managing the Windows® Server 2003 family. This comprehensive administrator’s reference details operating system features and capabilities, and provides easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics for everyday, on-the-job results. You also get expert insights for using the improvements in system and network security features, network capabilities, and Active Directory® services—must-know details for protecting and optimizing your technology investment.
Topics covered include:
• Deployment planning: Create a deployment road map. Plan directory services structure, domains, and namespaces.
• New installations: Configure network settings, file and print services, Group Policy, Resultant Set of Policy, storage, and devices. Use Remote Installation Services. Troubleshoot setup.
• Upgrading: Prepare Microsoft® Windows NT® 4–based domains and computers. Upgrade from Windows 2000 or XP.
• Network operations: Manage TCP/IP, Active Directory services, security features, interoperability, clustering, disk management, shadow copies, and other services.
• Web services: Run and optimize Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0, Internet Security and Acceleration Server, Certificate Services, headless servers, and Web gardens.
• Client services/support: Set up e-mail services. Deploy Terminal Services. Automate software management. Use new command-line tools and scripting to simplify routine administration.
• System tuning and repair: Use monitoring tools, backups, automated recovery, fault tolerance, and avoidance. Tweak the Registry. Troubleshoot and recover services.
• CD-ROM features 180-day evaluation version of Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition.
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket Consultant
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-214): Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Scripting Guide
Number of Ratings: 92