About the Book
Get professional guidance for executing a high-impact, high-performance commerce site.
No matter what your organization sells, a well-executed commerce solution can extend your business globally, boost profitability, and help you seize new opportunities faster. Drawing from their extensive, in-the-field experience, online business experts Clayton Peddy and Derek Armentrout teach you to quickly build and deploy a scalable, high-performance site using Commerce Server 2002. They detail how to customize your own solution—incorporating components such as a product catalog, a shopping cart, user profiles, content management, and data-warehousing and analysis capabilities. You get focused, field-proven techniques and hands-on instruction—along with reusable Code Candy from real-world solutions.
Discover how to:
• Determine the business and technical requirements for your site
• Create and manage user profiles and implement authentication
• Use Microsoft Content Management Server to manage page templates, images, product data, and other resources
• Design product catalogs that are easy to use and manage
• Build the browse, registration, and shopping cart pages
• Exploit little-known pipeline capabilities, such as inventory calculation and third-party order processing
• Capture and analyze data on user demographics and buying patterns
• Create campaigns, promotions, and awards for targeted users
• Manage site operations using the Business Desk modules
• Test, stage, and launch your solution
Number of Ratings: 21