The Problem: How to deliver a genuine Windows operating system licence to a computer when the customer has acquired non-genuine Windows software.
The Solution: The Get Genuine Kit (GGK) offers a full Windows operating system licence to customers who need a compliance solution for existing PCs. Get Genuine Kit licences are available for Windows 8 Pro and Windows 7 Professional.
The Get Genuine Kit is available worldwide by ordering through a Microsoft Authorised OEM Distributor. The Get Genuine Kit provides the customer with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) that must be affixed to the PC. Media is included with each Get Genuine Kit purchase, and comes in a DVD-style case with one COA.
Licence packs come only in a quantity of one for Windows 8 Pro and Windows 7 Professional.
A one-licence pack contains the Service Provider Licence Agreement, Supplemental End User Licence Terms, media (edge-to-edge hologram DVD), COA label and a getting started guide.
- The licence is not transferable.
- The COA must be affixed to the PC in a visible place.
- Downgrade rights are not available.
Software Assurance can be purchased within 90 days of purchasing the Get Genuine Kit.
Support is provided by Microsoft, per the support life-cycle policy. This differs from OEM System Builder software, which the PC manufacturer supports.
- Non-Transferable Licence—The licence is not transferable to another PC.
- New vs. Existing PC Use—The Get Genuine Kit can never be used on a new PC. It can be used only to legalise Windows software on an existing PC.