Today, IT is experiencing a shift from the traditional client/server to the cloud. Going forward, businesses and other organisations will look to consume and deliver IT as a service. Cloud promises to make IT not just cheaper, but also faster, easier, more flexible and more effective.
The Economics of the Cloud .pdf 1.68 KB
This white paper focuses on the underlying economics that are driving the trend to move to the cloud, in order to help you better understand the long-term IT landscape.
Small businesses have many of the same basic IT needs as larger organisations, such as communication, security, reliability, storage and desktop management. However, small businesses have fewer resources, so they have limited ability to make major IT capital investments.
Microsoft offers the benefits of the cloud with the familiarity of Microsoft applications that users, developers, IT professionals and executives already know and trust.
Accelerate the growth of your business by building or selling cloud solutions based on Microsoft cloud technologies. The following opportunities will help to provide the technical and business support you need to drive new levels of profitability and competitive advantage.
Depending on the type of services your company offers, you can take advantage of the small-business opportunity in many ways.
- Recurring revenue
- Packaged solutions
- Expanded services
- New markets and customer segments
- Repeatable IP
- Faster deployment
- Migrate solutions to the cloud
- Scale users
- Faster, less costly testing
- Extended and customised cloud offerings
- Extended product offerings
- Broader marketplace
- Increased wallet share
Add value to new PCs by using the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) to preinstall Windows Essentials. The OPK is a set of tools and documentation that supports the configuration and deployment of Windows Essentials.
Download the Windows Essentials OPK.
Microsoft has two offerings available to partners who want to sell and service or build and develop, on the cloud platform.
Microsoft Cloud Essentials
The Microsoft Cloud Essentials subscription is designed for Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) partners to learn about and try the latest cloud technologies from Microsoft. It's easy to qualify.
||How to Qualify |
|Sell and service
- Create a company profile.
- Sign the cloud programme agreement.
- Take qualifying training.
|Build and develop
- Create a company profile.
- Complete your Microsoft Platform Ready registration.
Microsoft Cloud Accelerate
An exclusive programme designed to recognise and reward high-performing partners who have a proven track record of delivering Microsoft cloud solutions to their customers.
Review the assessments needed to enrol in Microsoft Cloud Essentials and Microsoft Cloud Accelerate.
Deliver the best Windows experience, from the cloud, with Windows Intune. This comprehensive solution brings together cloud services and an upgrade subscription for the Windows 7 operating system. It provides the following benefits to help you provide greater value to your customers—all at a lower cost to you:
- Simplifies PC management and security
- Leverages the power of Windows Intune software and services
Learn more about Windows Intune.
Created specifically for Microsoft OEM partners, the OEM Training Zone provides short courses, assessments, videos and presentations to help you better understand Microsoft offerings and engage your customers.
NOTE You will need to register for the OEM Training Zone to view these materials. To register, click on the links below and follow the prompts. Or if you have already registered, you will be prompted to sign in.
The following resources provide more information about Microsoft cloud solutions and Microsoft partner support:
- MPN cloud services landing page provides access to cloud services training and readiness resources on the Microsoft Partner Network website.
- Microsoft Online Services is delivered as a subscription service, hosted by Microsoft, and sold with partners.
- Cloud Power is a comprehensive Microsoft website for cloud solutions, white papers, case studies, videos, news and community.
- Microsoft Office Web Apps allows access to documents from virtually anywhere.
- Windows Azure platform supports applications, data, and infrastructure in the cloud, giving institutions the flexibility to run applications—or just store code or data—in the cloud, on premises or with a combination of both.