To run the Express Deployment Tool (EDT), you will need the OPK tools and bits for the software that you want to install.
If you downloaded the EDT prior to July 2012, we recommend that you upgrade to version 1.2.5 now.
Note EDT is available for download in the following languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish.
EDT supports reseller and system builder preinstallation of:
- Windows 7, including Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Internet Explorer 9 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Remote update and notification (automatic update of the EDT)
- Third-party software, such as, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Mozilla Firefox
Note Skype may not be installed on PCs shipping to the People’s Republic of China.
This current version also includes the following improvements:
- The ability to customize or update images offline or online
- A wizard-based interface
- Virtualized “reference” machine functionality
- The ability to port existing command line interface to graphical user interface (GUI)
- Additional image security features for end users
- All server functionality (Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Home Server, Windows Small Business Server 2011, and Windows Storage Server)
The Express Deployment Tool Deployment Guide steps you through the process of deploying PCs with Microsoft and third-party software.
Download the Express Deployment Tool Deployment Guide. .pdf 6.0 MB
Learn how the EDT helps simplify the preinstallation process and reduce deployment time.
Find out how much time you save by using the Express Deployment Tool.