- Microsoft has introduced a COA for Windows 10 that has a new look and feel and new security features.
- Learn more about the security features and review the most current pictures.
- The picture above shows the look and feel of the COA used for Windows 8.1.
- Similar to the Windows 10 COA, it also includes security features to help prevent counterfeiting.
- Learn more about the security features and review the most current pictures
- If you acquired a System Builder Pack with recovery media, you are required to include it with the computer on which Windows is preinstalled.
- The disc that you received should include some security features in the form of holograms on the inner and outer bands of the disc. Learn more about the security features and review the most current pictures.
- If the disc that you received does not include any security features, contact the distributor from which you acquired the System Builder Pack.
Individual OEM system builder Windows software licenses must be distributed with the following:
- Certificate of authenticity (COA) label
- Authorized recovery media
- Software License Terms*
*Note: The Software License Terms can typically be found within the software.
Don't fall victim to stand-alone COAs. If you receive offers for COAs as stand-alone items, be aware that these offers are highly suspect—and they can put you and your customers at risk. If you fall victim to stand-alone COAs, you will have wasted money and your customers will not have a legal license to run their software.
Protect your customers and your company. Purchase software through a Microsoft authorized OEM distributor, an assured source of genuine Microsoft software.
The Anti-Counterfeiting Act of 2003 (U.S. only), passed on December 24, 2004, makes it a criminal offense to distribute stand-alone COA labels. There is now a significant legal risk for dishonest resellers to illegally deal in stand-alone COAs. The full weight of the law is behind the efforts of Microsoft to make the marketplace safe for your honest partners.