Effective immediately, the Office 2010 Transition OPK replaces prior versions of the Office 2010 OPK. The Office 2010 Transition OPK includes:
- Office 2010 software
- Updated Out-of-Box-Experience (OOBE)
- Links to offers to try Office for a limited time
- Link to purchase the current version of Office via the web
Note The Office 2010 Transition OPK does not contain Office Starter 2010.
As with prior versions of the OOBE, the “Activate” button supports Office 2010 activation. However, the “Try” and “Buy” buttons provide customers with updated options. The “Try” button takes end users to the web to download the Office 2010 trial. The “Buy” button takes end users to the web to purchase the current version of Office.
Although the Office 2010 Transition OPK does not contain Office Starter 2010, the information on this page is provided for reference during the transition period to the Office 2010 Transition OPK.
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 consists of limited-functionality versions of Word and Excel. It does not include PowerPoint or Outlook.
To learn more about Office Starter 2010 features, review Microsoft Office Starter 2010 Customer Experience Walkthrough. .pptx 4.8 MB
- Create and edit basic Word documents and Excel spreadsheets with 100 percent file fidelity
- Open existing Word and Excel documents
- Manage a simple home budget
- Write letters
- Create newsletters with photos and easily send them out
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Manage email with Outlook
- Organise notes, media and project resources in one place using Microsoft OneNote
- Add comments or track changes to documents
- Analyse data with pivot tables
- Enhance documents with SmartArt graphics
- Automate and accelerate repetitive tasks using programmable macros
- Customise the quick access toolbar
- Connect to an external data source in Excel
- Create a report with a table of contents, footnotes and bibliographies
- Turn off the advertisements
This is just a partial list of the functionality missing from Office Starter 2010. However, end users can activate the missing functionality by purchasing a Product Key Card for an appropriate full Office suite.
Return to top