Have you received damaged Microsoft OEM System Builder software media? Or, have you damaged your media during preinstallation? If you have, you may request replacement media online, provided you have a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA).
If you have experienced any one of the following, you may be eligible to receive replacement media:
- CD(s) received will not properly install
- CD(s) noticeably damaged on receipt
- CD(s) damaged during preinstallation process
Based on your feedback, this programme has been designed to:
- Eliminate the need for system builders to contact distributors for replacement media, and instead enable fulfilment directly from Microsoft.
- Simplify and streamline the replacement process and eliminate the cost to system builders.
Media replacement is available to system builders in all countries worldwide, with the exception of China. The following OEM software versions are supported for replacement under this programme:
- Windows 7 - Professional, Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate
- Windows Vista - Business, Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate
- Windows Home Server
- Windows Server 2008 - Standard, Enterprise, Datacentre
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add On
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 - Standard and Premium
- Windows Server for Windows Essential Server 2008
- Windows Essential Business Server 2008 - Standard, Premium
- Windows HPC Server 2008
- HPC Pack 2008
- Windows SQL Server 2008 for Small Business
- System Centre Data Protection Manager Server 2007 - Standard and Enterprise
- Windows Web Server 2008
*The user media included in Windows Vista Starter is provided on DVD. If the computer system on which you preinstall Windows Vista Starter software does not have a DVD drive and the user requests replacement media on CD-ROM, you may place an order for CD-ROM replacement media. A nominal shipping and handling fee will be charged for Windows Vista Starter media on CD-ROM. Windows Vista Starter is not available in all countries. Please check with your distributor for availability.
Media Replacement Ordering Instructions
If you are a system builder and would like to request replacement media listed above (other than Windows Vista Starter), please click on and complete the Media Replacement Form below. Once you have provided the required information, including Certificate of Authenticity (COA) details, a submission confirmation message will be sent to you via email.
Please click here to access the Media Replacement Form.