The Express Deployment Tool (EDT) helps to quickly, easily, and correctly preinstall PCs with genuine Windows. The EDT offers these benefits:
- Creates a consistent and customized end-user experience.
- Works with OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) tools to provide streamlined deployments of typical PC configurations.
- Provides the benefits of the traditional OPKs in a fraction of the time.
- Simplifies compliance with OEM System Builder license terms.
- Preinstalls selected third-party applications and all major OEM product releases.
- Includes preinstallation of Windows 7 and optional preinstallation for the following Microsoft operating systems, server software, and applications:
Download the Express Deployment Tool.
For most preinstallation scenarios the Express Deployment Tool is the right choice. However if you want to customize more variables than the EDT allows, you should use the OPK.
The OPK has a Multi-User Interface (MUI) which allows the application to run in the same operating system (OS) language that the user has chosen as part of the Windows set-up Out of Box Experience (OOBE).
This guide, updated for Microsoft Security Essentials Version 2.0 Service Pack 1, contains information and instructions that system builders can use to preinstall Microsoft Security Essentials onto new PCs for distribution to end customers, including:
- System requirements
- Supported languages and markets
- Installation and deployment
- Known issues and workarounds
Download the OPK Deployment Guide .pdf 1.6 MB
This release includes a new antimalware protection platform that offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities and performance.
Note: Do not install Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 8, as Windows Defender will automatically provide an industry-accepted level of protection to protect users from viruses and all forms of malware. In addition, OEMs are not licensed to distribute Microsoft Security Essentials with Windows 8.
|Microsoft Security Essentials OPK
.img 147 MB
|Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese |