Features | Documentation and OPK
Internet Explorer 10 harnesses the untapped power of your PC, delivering pages full of vivid graphics, smoother video, and interactive content. Internet Explorer 10 is already included in Windows 8, and you can use the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) to install Internet Explorer 10 on new PCs running Windows 7.
Browsing experiences in Windows 8
Learn about two browsing experiences: a new Internet Explorer optimized for Windows 8 touch devices and the familiar browsing experience of Internet Explorer for the desktop.
Get a better understanding of Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8.
Your customers can experience a richer, more immersive Web with Internet Explorer 10 and your PCs. Here’s what they can expect:
|Fast and fluid
- Internet Explorer 10 takes advantage of the full power of Windows 8 and Windows RT, and it starts and loads sites almost instantly.
- Internet Explorer 10 brings a fluid responsiveness to the Web that feels totally new.
- It’s fast and fluid for Windows 7.
- Everything your customers want to do on the Web is a swipe, tap, or click away.
- Smooth, intuitive controls work just as you'd expect.
- One Box is both address and search bar for speedier navigation.
- Customers can pin favorite sites to their Start screen and get to them as quickly as they access their apps.
|Perfect for touch
- Navigation controls appear only when needed and quietly get out of the way when not.
- Customers can flip ahead or back through their websites with the flick of a finger.
- Tiles and tabs for frequently visited sites are oversized for easy tapping.
- Your customers’ PCs and information can be safer on the web with the industry-leading SmartScreen technology.
- Privacy tools like Do Not Track are built-in and can be turned on in one click.
Use this documentation to help you install Internet Explorer 10 on customer PCs using the OEM Preinstallation Kit:
- Quick Start Guide .pdf 371 KB
This quick guide helps you install the six Windows 7 hotfixes before preinstalling Internet Explorer 10.
- Full Installation Guide .pdf 284 KB
Install and configure Internet Explorer 10 on computers running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1). It includes policy requirements, optional customizations, and how to preinstall Internet Explorer 10 in Windows images. This information is supplementary to the Windows 7 SP1 OPK and the Windows 8 ADK documents.
NOTE: Before installing Internet Explorer 10 on a Windows 7 system, you will need to install six hotfixes.
Use the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) to customize and install Internet Explorer 10 on computers running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1). The OPK is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions and in 95 languages.