With the ROK software distribution model, you get convenience and flexibility.
- Purchasing Convenience and Flexibility
ROK is a fast and easy way to purchase server products—like RAM, hard drives, or processors—from your OEM distributor. You buy the installation-ready software kit as another server option using one price list.
- Fast and Easy Deployment
You get software that is tested, tuned, and certified with OEM-branded hardware, and is packaged with the latest drivers and customized installation tools for fast and easy deployment.
- Resellers purchase the OEM-branded server and Microsoft Windows Server ROK software through an authorized distributor. The reseller has the flexibility to purchase the server hardware and software together or separately.
- The distributor ships the ROK in the box with the server or separately (the distributor may also preinstall the software for a fee).
- The reseller installs the operating system and the Windows COA before delivering the new server to the end user.
Reseller Option Kits are available for:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation (available only through direct OEM partners)
- Windows Server 2012 Standard
- Windows Storage Server 2012 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation (available only through direct OEM partners)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 R2
Contact your authorized Microsoft Distributor for details.
Contact a direct OEM partner: Acer, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Lenovo, NEC for Windows Server Foundation.