MPSP Requirements and Benefits
Published: April 23, 2003 | Updated: September 10, 2013
The Microsoft Preferred Supplier Program (MPSP) has specific requirements that suppliers are required to meet. Suppliers are also evaluated against certain Microsoft business objectives. That's why not every supplier that is referred to the program and that meets the basic requirements is admitted.
Through the MPSP Excellence Awards Program, Microsoft annually recognizes suppliers that consistently provide an outstanding level of service and quality.
The award categories are:
- Supplier of the Year
- Brand Value
- Market Agility
- Reduced Risk
- Cost Management
All nominations are submitted by the Category Manager (CM) and Supplier Account Manager (SAM) or the supplier by using an official entry form. An award selection committee then determines the winners, which are announced and awarded at the MPSP Annual Supplier Summit each year.
In 2014, Microsoft issued six MPSP Excellence Awards to key suppliers whose performance over the past year demonstrated exceptional commitment and service. Read the press release
Intergen Ltd. — recipient of the 2014 Brand Value AwardIntergen has a long history of providing specialized development work for many Microsoft marketing teams. Whether it is creating custom tools or helping Microsoft sales teams sell more, Intergen has become extremely well-versed in the Microsoft brand. Most recently it expressed this talent through the development of a program called Immersion that is focused on increasing sales of cloud and enterprise products. Immersion was built to enable Microsoft and partner sellers to engage directly with customers and accelerate the sales pipeline. It delivered with flying colors and made great use of Microsoft’s products, not only providing a stellar solution but driving Microsoft’s brand home with its partners and customers.
Infosys Ltd. — recipient of the 2014 Market Agility AwardInfosys has been a long-term global provider of business consulting, technology, engineering, outsourcing, product and platform services for Microsoft. Its ability to remain agile in an ever-changing market has made it a leader in Microsoft’s Preferred Supplier Program. Most recently Infosys was recognized for its extremely efficient market agility through its work on the Next Generation Volume Licensing (NGVL) project. Working with very short timelines and high expectations, Infosys ramped up over 150 consultants and wrote over 2.4 million lines of code to deliver 10 NGVL releases on time. Its solutions dramatically decreased agreement processing time from an average of 672 minutes to less than five. And through the use of its Rapid Agile Delivery Model it delivered a key Accessibility Release three weeks ahead of schedule and thoroughly demonstrated its excellence in driving market agility.
Accenture — recipient of the 2014 Reduced Risk awardAccenture is a long-term partner of Microsoft, providing global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing services across the Microsoft enterprise. For the second year in a row Microsoft is recognizing Accenture for its unending excellence in reducing risk. Through many different ongoing efforts Accenture has proved yet again that it is a highly trusted partner of Microsoft whether it is helping Microsoft manage compliance risk through flexibility, responsiveness and broad capability or elevating customer satisfaction by making it a No. 1 joint priority with Microsoft. Microsoft has made a number of major changes this year, and Accenture has been in lock step along that path, ensuring that solutions are implemented compliantly, acquisitions are running smoothly and Microsoft customers have the highest possible level of satisfaction.
arvato AG — recipient of the 2014 Innovation Award
arvato AG is one of Microsoft’s key global suppliers, providing finance and accounting, credit and risk management, physical and digital supply chain, and customer support and marketing services across Microsoft’s diverse set of businesses. Most recently arvato developed a global platform solution to sell Microsoft official courseware in both print and secured digital format. The solution was provided in an extremely aggressive timeframe and is an example of the type of innovation Microsoft values. Leading the innovation charge, arvato provided a solution based on a proprietary platform and e-reader that is now being used by more than 128,000 students. Within the e-reader, more than 1 million notes have been created digitally and shared by students and trainers. Customer satisfaction has increased as arvato continues to enhance the platform and add more offerings.
Beyondsoft Corp. — recipient of the 2014 Cost Management Award
Beyondsoft is one of Asia’s top-notch, full-spectrum IT services and industry solutions providers with global delivery capabilities and a top-performing product development and test provider to Microsoft. Beyondsoft established Microsoft’s first and largest Tier-2 City Off Shore in Xi’an, China, with the goal of helping promote Microsoft technologies in China, and helping Microsoft achieve significant cost savings on comparable projects in tier 1 cities such as Beijing and Shanghai. Beyondsoft’s focus on cost management went above and beyond Microsoft’s expectations with the establishment of the offshore location in an extremely short period of time, actually setting a Microsoft IT global record. Beyondsoft achieved these dramatic results through sustainable business practices that reduced risk for Microsoft and ensured continuous improvement over time.
Assembly/Edelman — recipient of the 2014 Supplier of the Year Award
Assembly/Edelman is a leading public relations, digital, social media, market researcher and provider of consumer insights for various Microsoft businesses including Xbox, Microsoft Retail Stores, Skype, commercial and many more across multiple countries. This past year was a key launch year for Microsoft and the Assembly/Edelman team. Assembly was tapped to launch Microsoft’s next-generation entertainment system, Xbox One, in a time when its predecessor, Xbox 360, had held the top-selling gaming console spot. Building on its expertise in PR, digital, events, support, research, innovation and Microsoft products, Assembly was tasked with showing the world how Xbox One was redesigned to be an all-in-one device that lives in the center of your living room. Through a hard-driving PR campaign, Assembly blew away expectations, contributing to more than 1 million Xbox One consoles sold in the first 24 hours following launch and 3 million by the end of 2013. Starting with its support of the Xbox launch in 2000 to its most recent successes with the Xbox One launch, Assembly/Edelman continues to be a key partner to Microsoft and is well-deserving of Supplier of the Year.
2013 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Tata Consultancy
- Brand Value Award: Metia
- Market Agility Award: CBRE Inc.
- Innovation and Reduced Risk Awards: Accenture
- Cost Management Award: Moravia IT
2011 Excellence Award Winners
- Diversity Excellence Award and Technology Excellence Award: Zones Inc.
- Environmental Excellence Award: Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Quality Excellence Award: Moravia IT
- Service Excellence Award and Supplier of the Year Excellence Award: Accenture
- Value Excellence Award: ChinaSoft International
2010 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year Award: Hitachi
- Diversity Award: Allegis Group Services
- Environmental Award: Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Service Award: Pitney Bowes Inc.
- Technology Award: Hitachi Ltd.
- Quality Award: Universal McCann
- Value Award: Flextronics International Ltd.
2009 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year Award: Compass Group, North American Division
- Diversity Award: Corona Wright
- Environmental Award: DB Engineering
- Service Award: GLY Construction
- Technology Award: Compass Group, North American Division
- Quality Award: Crispin Porter & Bogusky LLC
- Value Award: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST)
2008 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
- Diversity: Marriott International Inc.
- Environmental: Grubb & Ellis Co. and Compass Group PLC.
- Service: CRG Events
- Technology: Toshiba America Inc.
- Quality: MV Transportation Inc.
- Value: Revonet Inc.
2007 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Grubb & Ellis Management Services
- Quality: MV Transportation
- Service: LCJ EEIG
- Technology: HP
- Value: Infineon Technologies
- Diversity: Kelly Services
2006 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Trammel Crow
- Quality: GE Plastics
- Service: Taylor Nelson Sofres
- Technology: MRM Partners Worldwide
- Value: Milligan Events
2005 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: JVC Disc America
- Diversity: Grubb & Ellis Co.
- Quality: Carlyle Inc
- Service: Foxlink International Inc.
- Technology: comScore SurveySite
- Value: Philips Optical Storage
2004 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Delta Electronics Inc. Power System Business Group
- Diversity: Dell
- Quality: Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Service: Harte-Hanks Response Management
- Technology: SurveySite Inc.
- Value: Freeman Companies
2003 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Flextronics International Ltd.
- Diversity: Compass Group and Thompson Hospitality
- Quality: Arvato Services Inc.
- Service: Excell Data Corp.
- Technology: Toshiba America Information Systems
- Value: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Optical Media Solutions Division)