If you are having trouble with the audio for your headset, the following information can help you troubleshoot and resolve issues.
I cannot hear audio.
- Make sure that the headset is connected to your computer.
- Make sure that your computer’s volume is not muted or low.
- Make sure that the LifeChat software is installed correctly.
- Make sure that the Microsoft LifeChat Headset is your system default sound playback device.
For information on how to set system defaults using the Windows Control Panel, see your Windows documentation.
I cannot hear audio during Windows Live Messenger calls.
Make sure that the Microsoft LifeChat Headset is the Windows Live Messenger default sound playback device.
- Open Windows Live Messenger.
- On the Tools menu, click Audio and Video setup, and then click Next.
- In the Speaker Setup menu, select Microsoft LifeChat Headset and click Next.
- In the Microphone Setup menu, select Microsoft LifeChat Headset and click Next, and then click Finish.
My keyboard volume keys do not adjust the headset audio.
Some systems may have volume keys that do not affect external headphones or speakers.
- Try adjusting the volume using the controls on the headset, or through the Windows taskbar notification area or Control Panel.