Product Support: Mice
Product Support: Mice
How do I configure application-specific settings on a Microsoft device?
When you install and open the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software, the supported Microsoft mice and keyboards connected to your computer are automatically detected and displayed. If you add a new supported device or disconnect an existing one, the device images displayed in the UI are automatically updated.
The app-specific settings available to you in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software are based on the specific device model you select.
Select a Microsoft device
- Scroll through the displayed devices to locate the one you want to configure.
- If your device is not displayed, disconnect it, shutdown and then restart the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. If the device is still not displayed verify that the device is supported, or see Troubleshooting device setup for other suggestions.
Configuring app-specific settings
You can assign buttons/keys to perform different commands in different programs. For example, you can assign the same button/key to activate Digital Ink when in PowerPoint, a macro when in a game, and the Magnifier when in any other application.
Reassign a button or key for a specific application
- Click App-specific settings. If you’ve already added applications, a list of applications displays.
- To add a new application to the list, click Add New.
- From the displayed list of applications installed on your computer, click the one you want to add.
- Click the application whose button/key assignments you want to change. A list of current button/key command assignments displays.
- Click the button/key whose assignment you want to change. A list of the most commonly used commands displays.
- To view more commands, click View all commands.
- Some commands have an InfoTip icon on the left. Click this icon for more information about the command.
- To change the assignment, click the command you want.
- To disable the button/key, click Disable this button.
- Click Back to return to the previous screen.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for each button/key whose assignment you want to change.
- To restore the default settings, click Restore Defaults, and then click Restore to confirm.