The volume of data generated from enterprise applications is always high and ever-growing.
And organizations are under pressure to control costs without sacrificing their
growth and productivity.
Discover how Microsoft can help your organization to be prepared for the current
and upcoming requirements on enterprise applications:
Database Management - see how you will be able to manage the increasing data
volume within your organization.
Data Warehousing - will help you to efficiently manage enterprise information
and broadly deliver insights that drive business decisions
Business Intelligence - help companies establish a holistic view of information
across departments and people
Big Data - see how Microsoft will help your organization to deal with Big Data
Appliances - helping IT meet the challenges of evolving its business applications
The volume of data in the workplace is exploding. According to IDC, digital data
will grow more than 40x over the next decade. As more and more data is created digitally,
we expect to see ever greater demands being placed on our data platforms to store,
secure, process and manage these large volumes of data.
Today we see an increasing trend toward the “consumerization” of IT—creating the
demand for Web 2.0 experiences in the business environment. As consumers, we are
accustomed to powerful user-friendly experiences, whether searching the Internet
on a mobile device to find information instantly, or quickly accessing our personal
financial data. In the workplace, however, we are often unable to answer even the
most basic questions about our business. Increasingly, users demand business experiences
that more closely mirror the convenience and ease of use in consumer life.
Cloud computing is changing the way data is accessed and processed, and it is creating
whole new models for the way applications are delivered. According to IDC, Cloud
services will account for 46% of net-new growth in overall IT spending. With private
and public cloud infrastructure, organizations have an opportunity to reduce TCO
dramatically as data volume increases. As we see an evolution toward greater use
of private and public clouds, we see an increasing need for solutions that support
hybrid cloud scenarios.
With the release of SQL Server 2012, Microsoft is delivering its cloud-ready information
platform to organizations looking to efficiently protect, unlock and scale the power
of their data across the desktop, device, datacenter and private or public cloud.
The cloud-powered information platform will help protect an organization’s infrastructure
– getting you the nines you need at the right price with the most secure database,
especially for mission critical workloads. Additionally, customers who bet on Microsoft
get more than a trusted platform; they get a trusted business partner and huge ecosystem
of experienced vendors.
Customers will quickly unlock breakthrough insights with managed self-service data
discovery across structured, unstructured and cloud data sources backed by credible
consistent data and massively scalable data warehousing and analytics solutions.
Additionally, SQL Server 2012 will offer organizations the agility to quickly create
and scale solutions that solve challenges and fuel new business opportunity across
on-premises and public cloud. SQL Server 2012 supports hybrid IT environments with
common management and development tools, and the ability to extend your applications
to the cloud with SQL Azure.
A Robust Data Warehouse Platform
To differentiate themselves, organizations need to efficiently manage enterprise
information and broadly deliver insights that drive business decisions. Trust Microsoft
SQL Server 2008 R2 to meet your most demanding data-warehousing requirements. Benefit
from enterprise-class scale and performance, and gain actionable business insights
affordably with integrated BI and ETL tools. Take advantage of hardware choice,
data warehouse reference architectures, and support for near real-time data.
- Benefit from true enterprise scale-up to 500s of terabytes.
- Take advantage of flexible deployment options and hardware choice.
- Deliver business insights with a comprehensive data warehouse solution.
- Speed up creation or migration of data warehouses.
- Enjoy a solid road map to enterprise data warehousing.
Gain scale and flexibility with complete data warehousing solutions that offer flexibility
and massive scale at low cost.
- Help reduce data warehouse costs with reference architectures and appliances designed
to offer incredible performance at a low price per terabyte.
- Scale data warehouses with built-in database features like Remote Blob Storage and
partitioned tables that scale to 15,000 partitions that support large sliding window
- Gain high scale with support for up to 256 cores – enabling high-performance for
very large workloads or consolidation scenarios.
- Leverage best practices and drive fast time to market with data warehouse reference
architectures and data warehouse appliances that help deliver faster time to solution.
- Scale to 100s of TB while maintaining high performance through massively parallel
processing (MPP) architecture with Parallel Data Warehouse
Unlock New Insights With Pervasive Data Discovery Across the Organization. SQL Server
will help customers unlock exciting new insights with pervasive data discovery across
mounds of structured, unstructured and cloud data sources backed by Managed Self-Service
BI, credible consistent data and large-scale data warehousing and analytics solutions.
- Rapid data discovery with Power View and PowerPivot
- Managed Self-Service BI with SharePoint and BI Semantic Model
- Credible, consistent data with Data Quality Services
Plow through mounds of data for deeper insights with rapid data exploration and
- Discover and share insight across all levels of the organization with Power View
that offers highly interactive web-based drag-and-drop data querying and visualizations
for insights at the speed of thought.
- Plow through mounds of data in a familiar way at lightning-fast speeds in Excel
with the award winning PowerPivot add-in, including new advanced analytic capabilities.
- Inspire data discovery innovation across end-users with data mash-up capabilities
including connectivity to cloud-based data in Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket
or via third-party providers with Odata.
Enable accessible intelligence across the organization through Managed Self-Service
BI, IT dashboards, and SharePoint collaboration.
- Provide a complete view for reports & dashboards across heterogeneous data sources
with the BI Sematic Model that can scale from small personal BI solutions to the
largest organizational BI needs.
- Balance the need to monitor, manage, and govern the data and analytics end users
create with IT dashboards and controls that help IT monitor end user activity, data
source usage, and gather performance metrics from servers.
- Make information-based decisions part of everyday life with SharePoint integration
for insights collaboration and customizable Alerts that keep users apprised of relevant
changes to data.
- Extend rich user insights to even more people with SQL Azure Reporting that removes
the need for deploying and maintaining a reporting infrastructure.
- Deploy more than just breathtaking end user analytics tools, SQL Server continues
to deliver end-to-end BI through easy to set up and manage traditional OLAP and
Provide a complete view across business dimensions and help ensure data confidence
through integration, cleansing and management.
- Integrate, manage, and cleanse disparate data sources, including Windows Azure Marketplace
DataMarket, with Integration Services (SSIS), Master Data Services (MDS), and Data
Quality Services (DQS) built-in to SQL Server 2012.
- Reduce time-to-solution for data integration across data sources by utilizing efficient
new tools in Integration Services (SSIS) that help deliver credible, consistent
data reliably and efficiently.
- Improve data quality by using organizational knowledge and 3rd party reference data
providers to reliably profile, cleanse, and match data with new SQL Server Data
- Create, maintain, store, and access master data structures used for object mapping,
reference data, metadata management with Master Data Services (MDS) while a new
MDS Add-in for Excel makes it easy for end users to manage and maintain data.
- In 2000 the Sloan Digital Sky Survey collected more data in its 1st week than was
collected in the entire history of Astronomy
- By 2016 the New Large Synoptic Survey Telescope in Chile will acquire 140 terabytes
in 5 days - more than Sloan acquired in 10 years
- The Large Hadron Collider at CERN generates 40 terabytes of data every second
- Bing ingests > 7 petabyte a month
- The Twitter community generates over 1 terabyte of tweets every day
- Cisco predicts that by 2013 annual internet traffic flowing will reach 667 exabytes
Microsoft is extending its leadership in business intelligence and data warehousing
to provide insights to all users by activating new types of data of any size. Microsoft
is announcing an end-to-end roadmap for Big Data that embraces Apache HadoopTM by
distributing enterprise class Hadoop based solutions on both Windows Server and
Windows Azure. To accelerate the delivery of Microsoft’s Hadoop based solution for
Windows Server and service for Windows Azure, Microsoft is announcing a partnership
with Hortonworks. Microsoft is committed to broadening accessibility and usage of
hadoop to end users, developers and IT professionals in organizations of all sizes.
New Appliances from Dell, HP and Microsoft
Deploy high performance solutions in days, not months, through the new appliances
from Dell, HP and Microsoft. Each appliance, optimized for SQL Server, is pre-configured
and pre-tuned by the experts at Microsoft, Dell and HP. The appliances are complete
solutions that are simple to acquire and deploy, high performing, highly secure
and energy efficient. By deploying an appliance instead of building a solution,
businesses reduce investment, drastically accelerate time to value, and enable IT
resources to focus on other priorities.
- All software, hardware, and services components are included, providing a complete
- Appliances are optimized and tuned by Dell, HP and Microsoft experts for performance,
security and availability.
- Simple procurement and rapid deployment enable customers to deliver solutions in