Microsoft Virtualization Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), powered by Windows Server 2012, empowers you to deploy remote desktop services architectures that provide employees the flexibility to work anywhere, while allowing them to access their corporate desktop or application environment from a range of devices. The unified management infrastructure for centralized desktops in Windows Server 2012 increases flexibility of access for remote desktops and applications, simplifies compliance with regulations, and helps with business continuity scenarios.
With Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012, organizations get the following benefits
- Windows Server 2012 provides a single platform to deliver any type of hosted desktop, making it simple to deploy and easy to manage.
- RemoteFX provides a consistently rich user experience, irrespective of what type of virtual desktop is being accessed, or where the users are accessing their desktops from.
- Remote Desktop Service (RDS) can host either Session based desktops, pooled virtual machines or personal virtual machines. So customers have the flexibility to deploy the right type of VDI desktop for their users, all from a single platform.
Microsoft Virtualization Desktop Infrastructure accelerates and extends desktop and application deployments to any device. It improves remote worker efficiency, while helping keep critical intellectual property secure and simplifying compliance with regulations.
- QuickDeploy helps customers get started with VDI fairly quickly and easily, thereby reducing the complexity associated with setting up such an environment. The RDS administration console has been greatly simplified so that IT has plenty of options to setup and manage users, sessions and VMs from a single console. Intelligent patching and scanning thru task randomization makes sure no single server gets inundated at the same.
Best value for Virtual Desktops
- Fairshare ensures that no single VM or session hogs machine resources thereby providing high system performance. Hyper-V provides an enterprise grade hypervisor platform that has been designed to host large VDI deployments. RDS now also supports various lower cost storage, such as SMB based file shares, or Direct Attached Storage (DAS).
Rich Experience Everywhere
- RemoteFX now supports software GPU which is able to encode and decode graphics and multimedia which provides the same rich experience as a physical GPU. RemoteFX provides superior user experience with support for both LAN and low bandwidth high latency WAN networks, and with capabilities like USB redirection and multi-touch remoting.