Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive
The Microsoft® Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive includes essential tools that can help you transform the way you create, share, and manage ideas and information using all four Office 2004 for Mac programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint®, and Entourage®. After you install the Test Drive, you can use it for 30 days. It includes almost all the features found in Office 2004. For details about the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, see the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive Read Me.
Note The Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive is 200 megabytes (MB). Due to its large size, we recommend that you download it only if you have a broadband connection to the Internet, such as a cable modem or digital subscriber line (DSL).
Released: 5/19/2004 12:00:00 AM
.bin file size: 186.8 MB 56K modem: 16 Hrs 6 Mins .hqx file size: N/A 56K modem: N/A
Note Microsoft does not support third-party download files or software, including, but not limited to, file compression and decompression software.
To use the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
Processor: Mac OS X-compatible processor that is a model G3 or higher.
Operating system: Mac OS X version 10.2.8 or later.
Memory: 256 MB of RAM.
Hard disk: 450 MB to install the Office 2004 Test Drive.
Note The hard disk should be in Mac OS Extended (HFS+) format, the default format for Mac OS X. Although you can use drag-and-drop installation to install the Office 2004 Test Drive on a hard disk that is in another format, Microsoft does not currently support such a configuration. To determine the format of your hard disk, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac, and then click More Info.
Drives: CD-ROM drive or a connection to a local area network if you are installing the Office Test Drive over a network.
Display: Monitor that can display 1024 x 768 or higher resolution displaying thousands of colours.
Modem: 14.4 Kbps or faster.
Internet access: Internet access (for Microsoft Entourage and certain features in other Office programs). Internet access might require you to pay a separate fee to a service provider; local and long-distance telephone charges might apply.
Before you install the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive
- Quit any other programs that are running, including virus-protection programs, because they might interfere with installation.
- Make sure Aladdin Systems StuffIt Expander version 6 or later is installed on your computer. If an earlier version of StuffIt Expander is installed on your computer, you might not be able to install this program.
Important Make sure that your Mac OS X user account has administrator privileges. (You must know both the user name and password for this account.) To check your user account for administrator privileges, on the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Accounts. User accounts with administrator privileges have the word "Admin" beside them. For more information about Admin accounts, see Mac Help.
To install the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the Test Drive.
- In the table above, click the language version and file format you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk.
If you are using Internet Explorer, the Download Manager saves the file to the desktop unless you specified a different folder in the Preferences dialog box of Internet Explorer. (To check your preferences, on the Explorer menu, click Preferences, and then click Download Options in the left pane.)
- On your hard disk, double-click the file that you downloaded in step 4 to expand it.
Depending on the Web browser that you are currently using, this step might be performed for you automatically.
- Double-click the Microsoft Office 2004 file.
- Drag the Microsoft Office 2004 folder to your Applications folder.
Before you install the full version of Office 2004 for Mac
Before you install the full version of Microsoft Office 2004, you must remove the Office Test Drive.
To remove the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive
- Quit any programs that are running.
- On your hard disk, open the Microsoft Office 2004 folder that contains the Test Drive.
- If you saved any documents in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, move them to another location.
- In the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, double-click Remove Office.
- Click Continue.
- In the Results window, click Microsoft Office 2004 (including Test Drive) and then click Continue to move that folder to the Trash. Follow the instructions on the screen.
For more information about using the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, see the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive Read Me.
Last Updated: October 29, 2004