- Hardware: 700 MHz native* PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor.
- Operating System: Mac OS X version 10.2.8-10.3; Mac OS X version
10.3 is required for the Power Mac G5.
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM .
- Hard Disk1: 3 GB of available hard disk space.
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM: CD-ROM drive (or connection to a local area
network if installing over a network).
- Input Devices: Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Additional items or services required to use certain features:
- Modem: 14.4 Kbps or higher.
- Internet Access: Internet connection through either an Internet
service provider (ISP) or a network. Internet access might require a separate fee
to an ISP; local or long-distance telephone charges might also apply.
*Upgrade cards and accelerators are not supported.
1 The hard disk should be in Mac OS Extended (HFS+) format, the default
format for Mac OS X. Although you can perform a drag-and-drop installation of (and
run) Office 2004 from a hard disk that is in another format, Microsoft does not
currently support such a configuration. To determine the format of your hard disk,
on the Apple menu on your Mac, click About this Mac, and then click