- Hardware: G3, Mac OS X system-compatible processor or higher.
- Operating System: Mac OS X version 10.2.8 or later.
- Memory: 256 MB of RAM.
- Hard Disk1: 450 MB of available hard disk space*
for a recommended installation of Microsoft Office 2004; 630 MB for a full drag-and-drop
installation of Microsoft Office 2004.
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM: CD-ROM drive (or connection to a local
area network if installing over a network).
- Input Devices: Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Additional items or services required to use certain features:
- Modem: 14.4 Kbps or higher.
- Internet Access: Internet connection through either an Internet
service provider (ISP) or a network. Internet access might require a separate fee
to an ISP; local or long-distance telephone charges might also apply.
1 The hard disk should be in Mac OS Extended (HFS+) format,
the default format for Mac OS X. Although you can perform a drag-and-drop installation
of (and run) Office 2004 from a hard disk that is in another format, Microsoft does
not support such a configuration. To determine the format of your hard disk, on
the Apple menu on your Mac, click About this Mac, and then click