Let Microsoft Hardware and Windows Vista really entertain you
New hardware desktops combine style, performance and enhanced Vista features.
Sydney, Australia – Tuesday, 19 June, 2007 – Microsoft Australia today announced the availability of its latest keyboard and mouse desktops optimised exclusively for Windows Vista, the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 and the Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000.
Responding to the ways consumers are now interacting with their PC, the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 and the Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000 have been designed to allow users to be more productive and move effortlessly from work to play. These desktops are fully compatible and optimised for Windows Vista.
Windows Vista sales have already exceeded more than 40 million worldwide and the Microsoft Hardware team has combined the visual and interaction features within Vista to deliver two desktop sets that deliver the benefits of Vista right to the users fingertips.
"We are pushing the boundaries on hardware design to meet the new ways consumers are using their PCs at home and in the office. Windows Vista has officially hit the Australian market and we are excited to continue delivering the best hardware products to complement the dynamic computing experience of the new operating system," said Scott Jackson, Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft Australia.
“Both desktops take advantage of Windows Vista to allow users to easily accomplish everyday tasks, more easily access search tools and enjoy the latest in entertainment and productivity benefits,” said Scott Jackson.
Enhanced Vista desktop features:
- Windows Start Button; offering one-touch access to the Windows Start Menu, with search functionality built in for searching the Internet or the PC.
- Gadget Button; offers quick access to customisable content such as weather information, news, traffic and maps.
- Windows Live Call Button; givesusers access to start an instant messaging session or a video call.
- My Favorite Hot Keys; delivers one-touch access to users' most-used websites, files and folders. Users can simply push and hold a key to assign it to the current destination, just as they would with a car stereo's preset buttons. The key assignments also move with the individual user settings.
New features of the Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000
- Sleek, compact design complements any living room or office dÉcor. The keyboard also features quiet touch keys and is perfect for use on or off the desk.
The Media Center Start Buttonoffers one-touch access to launch Windows Vista's Media Centre capabilities.
- Integrated navigation pad is featured on the side of the keyboard. This technology allows users to control the cursor from the keyboard, much like a laptop touchpad, so there is no need to carry a mouse over to the couch.
- Battery life indicator shows two colors: red when the batteries are running low and need to be replaced, and green when they are fully charged.
Comfort Curve Keyboard designdelivers more comfort in an easy-to-use keyboard layout that people prefer by a ratio of 3 to 1 over top-selling flat keyboards.¹ With a slight 6-degree curve, it encourages a more natural position and is very approachable.
- Virtually no interference, intelligent technology "hops" frequency when it encounters interference and is ideal for home or corporate environments with multiple computers.
- Microsoft's 2.4GHz Bluetooth technology delivers the ultimate wireless experience with cutting-edge performance and enhanced security. It is also easy to set up and use as Bluetooth device and receiver are paired together at the factory, so the mouse and keyboard will work right out of the box.
True wireless freedom experience as users can move within a range of up to 30 feet with Microsoft's new Bluetooth products.
New features of the Wireless Laser Desktop 4000
- Zoom allows users to easily zoom in and out of digital pictures, maps and more.
- Access the folders, files, and web pages that you use most with one-touch "My Favourites" Keys.
- Enhanced F Keys make it easy to complete common tasks with one touch. Keys are conveniently grouped according to common usage patterns, such as New, Open and Close. Users can also set traditional F Key functions with the F Key lock.
- This desktop set includes the high definition Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 which contains the instant view tool, to allow users to open all their windows at once.
- Magnifier tool enlarges any section of the screen, enabling real-time magnified viewing and editing of images, documents, Web sites and more. Users can simply push the Magnifier tool and move the cursor over any portion of the screen they want to enlarge.
- Proprietary High Definition Laser Technology puts ultimate performance in the palm of users' hands. Microsoft's line of High Definition mice uses technology that is generations ahead of standard optical and laser mice. These mice are equipped with the exclusive Microsoft Intelligent Tracking System for smoother tracking, a resolution of 1,000 dots per inch for more responsiveness, and 6,000 frames per second for better precision.
- Type in greater comfort with this plush, integrated palm rest.
Pricing and Availability
The new Microsoft products introduced today will be available for the following estimated retail prices.*
- Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000: $129.95 - Available now
- Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000: $249.95 - Available now
*Prices are Australian recommended retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
1 P. Johnson, Ph.D., University of Washington, “ErgoMax ergonomic study,” 2004
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
About Microsoft Hardware
For twenty years the Microsoft Hardware group has employed innovative engineering, cutting-edge industrial design and extensive usability testing to create products of exceptional quality and durability that enhance the software experience and strengthen the connection between consumers and their PC.