SYDNEY, Australia — Oct. 17, 2012 — Microsoft Corp. today released new details about its highly anticipated Microsoft Surface, a tablet PC designed to be the ultimate stage for Windows. In addition to pricing and market availability, the company announced a special limited-quantity pre-order for Surface with Windows RT available 3 a.m. AEDT. Those who want to learn more or pre-order can visit www.Surface.com.
Surface delivers the power of amazing software and the feel of premium hardware in one exciting experience. Originally unveiled in June, Surface with Windows RT will initially be available in three SKUs: a 32GB version priced at AUD $559.00, a 32GB version bundled with a black Touch Cover priced at AUD $679.00, and a 64GB version bundled with a black Touch Cover priced at AUD $789.00. Prices are GST inclusive.
A variety of accessories will also be available, including Touch Covers in five vibrant colours — black, white, magenta, cyan and red — priced at AUD $139.99 so customers can express their personal style1. Customers will also have the option to purchase a Type Cover in black for AUD $149.99, which adds moving keys for a more traditional typing feel.
Surface will be available for purchase beginning October 26, 2012, at all Microsoft Store locations in the United States and Canada, including in all 34 new holiday stores. In addition, Surface will be available for sale online in eight markets across the world: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and the United States. See Surface.com for more details.
Additional Product Information — Surface With Windows RT
• Surface with Windows RT comes with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview2 (which includes Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote)
• 10.81 x 6.77 x 0.37 inches, 1.5 pounds, VaporMg casing, dark titanium colour, volume and power buttons
• 32 GB3; 64 GB
• Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 technology
• Two 720p HD cameras, front- and rear-facing
• Two microphones, stereo speakers
• Full-size USB 2.0, microSDXC card slot, headset jack, HD video out port, cover port
• Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass
• 24W power supply
• One-year limited hardware warranty
• Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview2 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote), Windows Mail and Windows Messaging, SkyDrive, Windows Internet Explorer 10, Bing, Xbox Music, Xbox Video, and Xbox Games
Those interested in learning more or pre-ordering can visit http://www.Surface.com or follow Surface on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Surface and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/surface.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realise their full potential.
1 Available Touch Cover colours may vary by market.
2 Final Office version will be installed via Windows Update when available (free download, ISP fees apply). Some features and programs unsupported. See http://office.com/officeRT.
3 1 GB = 1 billion bytes; formatted storage capacity may be less.
For more information, press only:
+61 2 8281 3893
+61 414 449 070
For broadcast download:
Visit http://www.mircosoft.com/news for b-roll clips, images and other video.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed.
For additional assistance, journalists and analytics may contact Microsoft's Rapid Respones Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contractpr.mspx.