Role-based User Experience Delivers on Microsoft's Next Generation Business Solutions Roadmap
SYDNEY, Australia, 16 November 2005
Sydney - 16 November 2005 - Microsoft Australia announced today the upcoming availability of Microsoft Dynamics™ GP 9.0, an integrated, adaptable business management software solution that will help organisations empower their people through operational efficiency and easier access to information that is relevant to their jobs.
Microsoft Dynamics GP is the first solution released as part of wave one of Microsoft's next-generation, industry-leading solution, formerly known as “Project Green” and now renamed Microsoft Dynamics. This release delivers a Microsoft Office-like user interface, expanded reach and functionality around Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services portal, deepened integration with the upcoming release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and a Visual Studio 2005 development experience for extending Microsoft Dynamics GP. With this new approach to role based desktops, companies running Microsoft Dynamics GP will deploy pre-configured software targeting the core processes and reports that are relevant for specific jobs in a company.
“Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 makes it easier for employees to be more productive without extensive training with the office-like user interface. With Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 we want to help companies be more empowered, connected and insightful with tools that adapt to their unique business processes,” said Mr Flemming Beisner, Business Group Director, Microsoft Business Solutions, Microsoft Australia. “Microsoft Dynamics GP offers users a total solution implementation that also helps in providing a low total cost of ownership and fast return on investment.”
Current Microsoft Great Plains customer Mr Don Boyd, Chief Financial Officer, The Frame Group said, “We are very excited about the release of Dynamics GP 9.0 and the way that it allows us to bring our employees, suppliers and clients closer together. The extranet capability and the personalised role pages will make it far easier for all our stakeholders to develop, update and exchange vital information in real time, further enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness that is the cornerstone of our promise to our clients”
Feedback from customers and partners heavily influenced the feature functionality in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, specifically Visual Studio components will allow partners to customise the solution through an industry-standard tool. Microsoft partner Mr Winton Gibson, Managing Director, Aztech Business Services said, “Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 provides a number of significant benefits to Aztech's client base. Probably the most significant long term and widespread benefits will be from the increasing support for SQL Reporting Services reports, individually customisable user home pages and the upcoming support
integrations using Web Services and .NET. Whilst Aztech has been utilising .NET and Web Services for integration for a while now, the upcoming enhancements will make this more cost effective for our clients.”
Extensive Research Drives New Functionality
The new features included in Microsoft Dynamics GP are a result of years of extensive research and over 1,500 interviews with customers across geographies, industries and job roles. Some of the new features include:
- Works like and with Microsoft Office: This role-based business software is deeply integrated with Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and the overall Microsoft platform to deliver a unique level of adaptability based around the typical jobs that people perform.
- Personalised role pages: Employees have a personalised user experience, new role-based desktops that provide relevant information and access tailored to their daily activities spanning responsibilities across sales, customer service, operations, finance, human resources and IT.
- Personalised information and access: Microsoft Dynamics GP offers customised, user-specific access to information such as reminders, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and SmartLists to help employees more easily and quickly find information relevant to them.
- Business Intelligence: Microsoft Dynamics GP includes a business intelligence tool that takes all transactional data in the system and presents it so managers have access to decision-making information whenever and however they need it.
- Executive Centre: The new Business Portal Executive Centre offers inquiry access to transactional details, key performance indicators, as well as interactive graphs, tables, announcements and reports.
- Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0: The integration between the upcoming version, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, has been updated with a new XML-based processing engine, enabling deeper visibility into Microsoft Dynamics GP data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Web Services: The new Web Service engine includes 160 Web Service access points supporting 20 key business processes, and the adoption of industry-standard Web Services XML Application Programming interfaces (APIs) allows easy customisation and deeper integration with disparate internal and external systems.
- Visual Studio: Microsoft Dynamics GP includes Microsoft Visual Studio, along with the new Developer Toolkit, to modify or create new functionality while leveraging the Microsoft Dynamics GP metadata and business logic.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 is available from December 2005 in Australia. Interested customers should visit /australia/mbs/partners/greatplainspartners.aspx to find a certified partner for information about cost and deployment.
- ends -
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realise their full potential.
About Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of financial, customer relationship and supply chain management solutions that helps businesses work more effectively. Delivered through a network of channel partners providing specialised services, these integrated, adaptable business management solutions work like and with familiar Microsoft software to streamline processes across an entire business.
For further information:
Corporate Communications Manager
Ph: 02 9870 2316 or 0412 589 951
02 8281 3830 or 0416 008 500