Microsoft, Telstra & Productiv Offer Additional QLD Flood Support
19 January, 2011
| Sydney, Australia
As part of our ongoing response to support the recovery effort in Queensland, Microsoft has teamed up with Telstra and Productiv to offer a solution for businesses that have had their email server damaged or destroyed in the floods, and need to get their email and collaboration services back online as soon as possible. The offer is a complimentary subscription to the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS) for any flood affected businesses in Queensland, with implementation support offered at no cost by Queensland-based Microsoft Gold Partner, Productiv. The service must be ordered before 28 February 2011 and will be provided at no charge until 31 May 2011. Internet service is required to use BPOS, and internet usage fees may apply as set by the internet service provider.
BPOS is a cloud-based business email and collaboration suite that includes Exchange email, calendaring, contact management, mobile email, file sharing, intranet, mobile collaboration, web meetings, office messaging, and other functions. It is securely hosted and maintained by Microsoft, with regular data back-ups and telephone and internet-based technical support. Most importantly BPOS is available from any internet connected (or mobile internet connected) location, which is especially important for businesses in regional locations, or who need their employees to have access to their email from home while damage to their business premises are repaired.
Businesses who have lost their email services due to the floods can apply for this offer by contacting their Telstra Account Executive, or the team at Productiv on 1300 13 66 77.
Conditions – Further assistance for Queensland small business
- Offer available until 28 February 2011 for Queensland-based businesses directly affected by the January 2011 floods. Determination of eligibility is at the sole discretion of Telstra and Productiv. Eligible businesses will receive a 20 seat Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite subscription at no charge until 31 May 2011. The applicant may choose to purchase the service after this date (standard fees will apply, see telstra.com/t-suite). Applicants must provide an ABN and a credit card or valid Telstra Bill (which will not be charged unless the subscription is purchased). System requirements and standard service terms and conditions apply: see telstra.com/t-suite.
- Eligible businesses will receive implementation services from Productiv, limited to the order and initial configuration of the BPOS service including order management, DNS and MX record changes, user administration and assistance with user access via Outlook Web Access. Applicants must provide access to the DNS/MX record administration system console or access to support. Charges may apply for additional technical services requested by the applicant.
- Offer not available to businesses with an existing Microsoft Online Service subscription.
- Internet service is required to use BPOS, and internet usage fees may apply.
- Telstra and its partners will consider extending the offer to individual businesses beyond February 28th if they are unable to take it up by this date due to broadband connectivity not being available to them by then as a result of the floods.
About Microsoft Australia
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realise their full potential. For more information about Microsoft Australia please visit www.microsoft.com.au.
Microsoft Customer Service Centre - 13 20 58
For further information, or to arrange an interview, please contact:
(02) 9870 2508
(02) 8281 3819
(Customers please note: the contacts listed above cannot respond to customer inquiries. Please contact Microsoft customer service on 13 20 58).
Tags: Queensland, relief, floods, BPOS, Telstra, Productiv