Today's websites and browsers only use about 10% of the processing power your PC has to offer. Internet Explorer 9 unlocks the other 90%

Beautiful is feeling the love

Internet Explorer 9 is all-around fast, delivering graphically rich and immersive experiences that are as quick and responsive as the applications installed on your computer. Internet Explorer 9 contains major performance improvements that make Internet Explorer start fast and stay fast over time.

With Internet Explorer 9, we're tapping into your graphics processor through Windows to harness the full potential of your PC. It makes HD video smoother, colors truer, graphics clearer, and websites more responsive. Combined with our new JavaScript engine, the web now performs like an application installed directly on your computer.

We've also added several ways to reduce the number of clicks it takes to get where you're going. You can pin your favorite sites to your task bar for single-click access. Our new tab page features your most commonly viewed sites. And we've moved all notifications to the bottom of the page with clearer instructions. Combined with performance enhancements, these new features make your web browsing experience truly fast.

Try it and experience the difference for yourself.

"IE9 enables dramatic performance improvements and superior image quality" -Godfrey Cheng, AMD
"it holds the potential to alter the browser market" -Stephen Shankland, CNET News 09.13.2010
"The way we interact with the latest generation of IE9 is going to be phenomenal" -Margaret Lewis, AMD
"IE9 offers functionality that's not available in any other browser" -Mike O'Brien, Laptop Magazine
"The future lies in delivering the best possible visual experience on the web. IE9 is a glimpse into the future" -Matthew Kimball, AMD
"it's lean, fast and modern" -Michael Calore, Wired
"IE9 has Google Chrome on the run" -Joab Jackson, CIO Magazine
"Internet Explorer 9 is an amazing achievement" -Andy Clarke, Hard Boiled Web Design
"Absolutely amazing!" -Marius Oiaga- Editor in Chief- Softpedia, Tweet - mariusoiaga
"This is a seismic shift for the web" -David Ragones, Nvidia
"IE9 will change the web forever" -Rob Enderle; Ian Bell, Digital Trends
"a true game changer" -Lance Ulanoff, PC Magazine
"With Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, the future of the web is bright" -David Ragones, Nvidia
"IE9: An online video user's new best friend" -Matthew Kimball, AMD