1-page Partner Solution Brief
Rate This Evidence:
IT Company Develops Application System to Manage Childrens Financial Product
Following the launch of the Junior ISA on 1 November 2011, Cottons Financial Planning and Avalon Investment Services collaborated to create The Children’s ISA.
Applications for The Children’s ISA—which are made through Avalon—were paper-based and entered manually onto a back-end system. This method of application was time consuming and inefficient. Avalon wanted an application system that was:
• Available online
• Fast and easy to use
Shaping Cloud developed an online application form on the Windows Azure cloud platform. Linking the Avalon back-end system via web services created a streamlined and efficient application process for both Avalon and the customer. Within this software was a
full administration section, allowing The Children’s ISA to manage its affiliate programme. This also helps them view, edit, and resubmit applications that come through the system.
• Shaping Cloud develops a fully online applications system.
• Using Windows Azure, Avalon gets a scalable solution, so it can add more resources on-demand.
• A built-in administration section helps the firm trace affiliate links.
• There are no upfront costs associated with initial setup because with Windows Azure the firm pays only for what it uses.
• The custom-built front-end application will be available through Avalon to other independent financial advisers (IFAs) for their applications in future.
This case study is for informational purposes only. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN THIS SUMMARY.