Submit a winning Customer Excellence Award nomination with these helpful tips!
Have a great customer story to share? Submit a Customer Excellence Award nomination between now and 30 July at 23:59 GMT.
To aid you in your efforts, we reached out to the judging team to discover what they’re looking for as they review Phase I nominations. Read on for some insight as you create your nomination(s):
• Focus on the story – Choose a main theme for your nomination and focus on that. Has the customer become more efficient, delivered even better customer experiences, or made their organization even more successful?
• Provide specific data as evidence for the story – Share any metrics to which you have access to continue to share the story. Judges love metrics because they help provide more context to the nomination story.
• Take your time – Here’s the case for starting your nomination now (that’s right – you can start submitting your nomination now and hone it over the next couple weeks). Invest some time in writing a clear, concise, and impactful nomination.
There you have it – some tips for submitting nominations that will help get the judges’ attention. Now don’t wait until the last minute--get started today!
Don’t miss the opportunity to showcase your solutions and services, make new business connections, and strengthen your existing customer relationships by sponsoring or exhibiting at Convergence 2014 Europe in Barcelona, Spain, 4-6 November 2014!
Convergence is the premier event that brings the entire Microsoft business community to life. Every year Sponsors and Exhibitors tell us that in this competitive market place, they can’t afford not to be a part of the valuable conversations that happen onsite between their peers and customers.
See the Expo page for further details, or contact Suzy Harvey for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 207 186 0306 (direct) or +44 7801 448 219 (mobile).
Let the world know about our amazing customers. Nominate one for a Customer Excellence Award.
We have the best customers in the world – let’s give them the recognition they deserve! Nominations are open now through 30 July 2014 for the Convergence 2014 Europe Customer Excellence Awards. Visit the Award page to review the categories and criteria, judging process, and winner benefits.
Upgrade your experience with the Convergence Up! Pass
If you’re looking to add additional value and convenience to your Convergence 2014 Europe experience, consider purchasing the new Up! Pass. The Up! Pass offers all the same features as the regular full conference pass, but with the following additional benefits:
• Reserved hotel block at your choice of two hotels: the Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel which is conveniently located within walking distance to the Fira Barcelona Gran Via conference venue, or the Hotel Alexandra Barcelona which is located centrally in the heart of Barcelona near many city attractions.
• Convenient delegate badge and material pick-up at both reserved hotels
• Express registration queue at Fira Barcelona Gran Via for onsite assistance
• Dedicated lounge/work area with seating, power and connectivity
• Concierge service within the dedicated Up! Lounge to assist with reservations and other hospitality needs
• Preferred seating in the keynote
• Reserved buffet and seating area within the meal area
• Express line for Convergence luggage and cloakroom check at the Fira Barcelona Gran Via
• 4-day metro pass
But make sure you act fast – there are only a limited quantity of Up! Passes available. The Up! Pass is priced at €1195.
For more information on registration & hotels, please see the Registration page on the Convergence 2014 Europe website.
Registration is now OPEN for Convergence 2014 Europe!
Convergence 2014 Europe, taking place 4-6 November, is the best opportunity to expand your professional network, explore Microsoft solutions, and bring new ideas to life.
Whether you are new to Convergence or have attended in the past, there are many benefits to participating:
• Networking—Make valuable business connections that will enhance your Convergence experience and extend far beyond the conference!
• Abundant learning opportunities—Dive into functionality details, gather best practices, gain new operational efficiencies, and increase your product expertise.
• Visionary business leaders—Hear from inspirational and insightful keynote speakers and Business Leadership track presenters.
• Access to experts—See product demos, get free technical advice, and have your questions answered by subject matter experts.
What's Exciting at Convergence 2014 Europe?
Convergence 2014 Europe has many not-to-miss features this year, including:
• Information on important product releases and announcements surrounding Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Opportunities to see how customers are successfully utilizing their Microsoft solutions and realizing business value.
• Deep dive sessions with greater depth and topic exploration.
• More opportunities to hear about key trends and strategies in the general sessions.
• Dale Carnegie speakers providing expertise in the Business Leadership track.
Don’t Delay—Register by 4 September to Save €300!
Early registration for Convergence 2014 Europe ends 4 September. Register now to take advantage of the outstanding savings, and get the insights and connections you need to succeed.
Visit the Convergence 2014 website for more information, including the Registration page to review and register!
The dates are set! Convergence returns to Atlanta in 2015!
We’re excited to deliver the widely anticipated and much speculated announcement that Convergence 2015 is set for March 16 – 19 (Monday through Thursday) and will again be held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta is a great convention city that provides the perfect environment to comfortably accommodate our attendees, including a major airport hub, wide selection of nearby hotels and a convention center with flexible meeting space to host our growing needs.
Registration for the biggest gathering of the Microsoft business community will begin in November. Make sure to sign up for our email alerts to receive announcements and an alert on that opening registration day so you can be one of the first to register for this amazing event.
Each year, a group of Convergence attendees come together to make an impact on the conference’s host city—and this year was no exception. Visit the Community Outreach page to read through the accomplishments they were able to make in the Sweet Auburn neighborhood, and watch the video that encapsulates the day’s activities.
As you make plans to attend Convergence 2015, make plans to join our great group of volunteers as they again lend a hand in the local community.
Congratulations to our 2014 Customer Excellence Award Winners
At Convergence 2014, we set aside time to honor and congratulate our 2014 Customer Excellence Award winners. During our invitation-only luncheon held on March 5, each of the winners and their partners were recognized. Visit the Customer Excellence Awards page to review this year’s award winners.
Convergence Lives on—Online!
To locate both PowerPoint presentations from Convergence breakout sessions, as well as recordings of the keynotes, general sessions, concurrents and deep dives, visit Attendee Tools on the Convergence website.
Schedule Builder, which includes both search functions of the session catalog and your personal schedule, houses both the PowerPoint files and the recordings. This secured section will be available for 12 months following the event, so that you can continue your learning, revisit your favorite sessions, or show your co-workers at home what they missed. Remember that your Microsoft Account credentials that you used to register for the event are required to login to this secured site.
Tell us about your Convergence Experience
Your feedback is extremely important to us. Please help us continue to improve Convergence by sharing your experience and feedback. Evaluations can be completed in the following ways:
- On the fly from our mobile event app
- Via Communications Kiosks located throughout the Georgia World Congress Center
- Via the secured section of Convergence website. Use the same Microsoft Account credentials that you used to register for the event.
In addition, for every attendee who completes an evaluation, $1 will be donated to Spirit of Atlanta– a premier, non-profit youth organization that focuses on the growth and development of its members within the Southeast region. Spirit is a family that prides itself on its strong history and bright future in the world of music.
Tons of new information posted to website – be sure to check it out!
We are just days away from the start of Convergence 2014 and as you can imagine, we’re busy finalizing details and prepping for one of the biggest gatherings of the Microsoft Dynamics community. Take some time today to scan the Convergence website for the latest information as you make your preparations for your time in Atlanta:
- A digital version of the conference guide is now available for your reading pleasure. A printed version will be provided to you upon onsite registration check-in.
- The FAQ page has evolved into an all-inclusive page for attendees to get up-to-speed on the latest logistics, resources, content, networking and evening event information.
- We’re excited to announce that the Business Leadership general session will feature Joanne Smith, senior vice president of In Flight Services, Delta Air Lines. We invite you to attend this session on Tuesday, March 4 at 2:00pm to see how Delta Air Lines is realizing the benefits of supporting its employees, who in turn provide exceptional service to more than 165 million customers each year. Smith will share her own experiences and insight into Delta’s approach to continuous improvement in a very competitive industry.
- We've also had some late-breaking news from the Microsoft Office and Windows teams in the way of new sessions. Check out the sessions offered in the Microsoft Office and Windows tracks at Convergence.
- If making good, quality connections is your priority this year at Convergence, then Speed Networking should be on your radar. Check out our “Now You’re Talking” video, which includes an overview of the Speed Networking experience and even shares a few tips to help with your own interactions. Note: this activity is open to customers and prospects only.
- The Convergence mobile app is now available! Be sure to download the app to your favorite mobile device.
- Are there colleagues back at the office who weren’t able to attend this year? Be sure to tell them about Virtual Convergence--our free online event experience for those unable to attend Convergence in person. Registration is free, and our broadcast schedule is packed full of interviews, general sessions, and of course, the opening keynote with Kirill Tatarinov, executive vice president of the Microsoft Business Solutions Group.
We wish you all safe travels to Atlanta, and we’ll see you soon!
Convergence at your Fingertips--Mobile App Now Available!
We're pleased to announced that our new and improved Convergence mobile app for Windows devices, iOS and Android is now available for download. Use the Microsoft account or Microsoft employee credentials you used to register for the event o sign in and get Schedule Builder at your fingertips, add and delete sessions on the fly, find like-minded folks in the Attendee Directory, sign in to your social accounts, scan attendee badges to exchange contact information, complete you evals before you even leave your seat, navigate the venue and more - all on the go!
For those with other devices, we also offer the mobile-optimized Convergence website from any smartphone.
Be sure to opt-in for full access to the following features and more:
- Schedule Builder: Access Convergence 2014 session information to build and edit your own personalized event schedule.
- Evaluations: Complete session and overall event evaluations on the go.
- Social Media: Join the conversation online with our integrated social media tools. Use our event hashtag #conv14 to comment directly from the event, in real time.
- Contact Exchange: Exchange contact information with event participants by scanning the QR code on attendee badges from within the app.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors: Find details on the many sponsors and exhibitors at Convergence.
- Navigate: Find your way around the venue and the city with localized maps.
- Photo Gallery: Seamlessly take photos during the event and share with others.
- Attendee Directory: Find and message other attendees from within the app, or use the ‘Like Minded’ feature to find folks by role, industry, and solution.
- In-App Messaging: Get the day’s latest announcements and updates from the event team, delivered straight to your phone.
Given the chance, what would you ask Arianna Huffington and Biz Stone?
Well, here’s your chance! Biz Stone, Twitter co-founder and co-inventor, and Arianna Huffington, chair, president and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, will join together in our keynote on Wednesday, March 5 to share their perspectives and their insight on the transformative forces of technology innovation. We invite you to take a few minutes right now to send in your questions for our two keynote presenters --and your question just may be answered!
Are You A Blogger Who Loves Convergence? We’ve Got Your Bling
What’s blog bling? It’s a ready-to-go Convergence image you can embed in your website, blog, Facebook header, email signature or avatar. Show the world you love Convergence and brag a little if you’re an alum. Use it to hyperlink to the Convergence website and encourage others to join you at the conference. It’s a great opportunity to visually showcase your attendance and expert knowledge of the event.
Here are a few ways you can use the images:
• Add it to your upcoming events information on your website
• Add it to your blog sidebar
• Make it your social media profile picture or avatar
• Use it for your Facebook cover photo, profile pic or graphic post
These images are sized for online media and ready to use – help us spread the love and let folks know you’re a Convergence believer!
Convergence Facebook cover photo
Convergence Ask Me
Convergence I’m Going
Not able to attend this year? Be there with Virtual Convergence!
We’re closing in on one of the best Convergence events ever, taking place this year in Atlanta, GA March 4-6. We understand it’s not always an option to get away – and for that we have our free online event experience – Virtual Convergence. While it will never take the place of the kind of networking and access to experts you get at the event, it’s a great way to experience some of the learning that takes place at the event.
Tune in the morning of March 4, 2014 for live broadcasts of our amazing pre-show and keynote from Philips Arena, followed by general sessions for Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL and Microsoft Office. We’ll also give you an insider’s view of the event with our on-site reporting – talking to customers, partners and speakers about their experiences with Microsoft Dynamics and Convergence.
Whether you know exactly what you’re looking for or this is your first experience with Microsoft Dynamics – Virtual Convergence is a great way to get a taste of the event without leaving your desk.
Registration is simple and free. Sign up today, share the opportunity with your friends and colleagues and then return on March 4, 2014 for the live event. We’ll see you (virtually) in Atlanta!
Name it. Claim it. Contest Winners Announced
Congratulations go out to David Gersten and Julie Rado for winning the Name it. Claim it contest. Their sweet reward for playing along in the naming of the Convergence Celebration is a special VIP pass to meet our headlining entertainment for the evening, the award winning band FUN.
Special thanks go out to all who participated, and who voted on these winners. As a result—and from here on out—make plans to attend the FUNtastic Celebration on Thursday, March 6 at Philips Arena as we celebrate our week at Convergence 2014.
We Heard Some Amazing Customer Stories!
We are pleased to share the good news that the 2014 Customer Excellence Award finalists have been named!
The award finalists are now posted to the Customer Excellence Awards page. Take a moment to review the list and check back in early February when we announce this year’s winners.
Last Chance: Name the Party and have some FUN!
The Convergence celebration on Thursday, March 6 from 7:30 – 11:00 p.m. will have it all – good food, great music and lots of FUN. We just need a great name for the party—and that’s where you come in!
We’re down to our three finalists in the Name it. Claim It. Contest and it’s time to cast your vote for your favorite. The winner will get a VIP pass to hang with the special musical guest, FUN. Visit the content site to cast your vote and hurry--voting closes at 11:59 p.m. on January 29. This is your last chance to vote for your favorite name for the Convergence celebration—don’t miss out!
Check out the new Convergence page on the Microsoft Dynamics Community – where we host the Convergence Blog, Convergence Forum, event-related videos and social media. Connect with other attendees year ‘round, ask questions, get insider tips on how to get the most out of our events and stay up to date on the latest news. If you haven’t already joined the Microsoft Dynamics Community, sign up is easy using your Microsoft Account.
Registered attendees: Schedule Builder is now available!
With over 500 sessions planned over the four days of the event, it’s pretty challenging to get to do and see everything you want to, but our secured tool, Schedule Builder, will help you narrow your choices down, and ensure that you’ve reviewed all sessions relevant to your needs. With a look a feel that’s the same as the Session Catalog, Schedule Builder provides you the ability to ‘add’ sessions to your personal calendar, effectively creating your wish list of attendance. As you get closer to the event, use the tool to refine your list and make a solid plan for where you should be—and when. It’s always a good idea to have a ‘plan A’ and a ‘plan B’ in case sessions fill to capacity. The data in Schedule Builder is used by the planning team to help assess session interest, so your use of Schedule Builder is a win/win for us all!
To login to Schedule Builder, use the same Microsoft Account that was used when you registered for the event.
Stay Tuned for the 2014 Customer Excellence Awards Finalists
The 2014 Customer Excellence Award nomination process is now closed and the Microsoft judging teams are selecting finalists for Phase II of the awards process.
The award finalists will be posted to the Customer Excellence Awards page in late January, so check back to see this year’s list of contenders.
Arianna Huffington and Biz Stone: Two Great Visionaries to Speak at Convergence 2014
Named to the Forbes Most Powerful Women list in 2013, Arianna Huffington is the chair, president and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, which publishes the world-renown news and blog site, The Huffington Post.
Biz Stone is best known as a progenitor of the early social web, having co-founded Twitter. Along with being named one of the Most Influential People in The World by TIME magazine, and Entrepreneur of the Decade by Inc Magazine, Stone carries deep experience in developing collaborative web systems freely accessed by hundreds of millions of people worldwide
We’re honored to welcome Arianna Huffington and Biz Stone to Convergence as they serve as our featured keynote speakers on Wednesday, March 5 at 5:00pm. In what promises to be a fascinating and insightful dialogue with two pioneering entrepreneurs, you won’t want to miss a minute.
The Contest is Open! Name The Party and Have Some FUN.
Good food, great music, and lots of fun – the Convergence celebration on Thursday, March 6 in Phillips Arena from 7:30 – 11:00 pm will have it all. Now all it needs is a name, and that’s where you come in.
The Name It. Claim It. contest is now open! Help us name the Convergence celebration party, and you could win a VIP pass to meet the special musical guest FUN. Submitting your entry is easy – and here’s what we’ll be looking for:
- Make us smile – have some fun with it!
- Capture the spirit of Convergence.
- Keep it concise.
Submit your nominations now at our Name It. Claim It. site. And don’t wait too long – the contest closes on January 20, 2014.
Get creative, and you could win the VIP treatment!
Name The Party and Have Some FUN.
Good food, great music, and lots of fun – the Convergence celebration on Thursday, March 6 in Philips Arena from 7:30 – 11:00 pm will have it all. Now all it needs is a name, and that’s where you come in.
The Name It. Claim It. contest is coming back! Help us name the Convergence celebration party, and you could win a VIP pass to meet the special musical guest FUN. Submitting your entry is easy – and here’s what we’ll be looking for:
• Make us smile – have some fun with it!
• Capture the spirit of Convergence.
• Keep it concise.
We’ll start accepting submissions on Thursday, January 2, so keep an eye on the Convergence Twitter feed and website for details on how to enter. Get creative, and you could win the VIP treatment!
What’s New for Convergence This Year?
Join us for Convergence 2014 and experience the biggest Microsoft Dynamics event of the year. Convergence 2014 has even more opportunities for learning and networking than before. We’ll kick it off with two days of inspiring and informative keynotes from high-profile speakers you definitely don’t want to miss. Wednesday and Thursday are packed with dynamic learning opportunities. And to make sure you have enough time to get your questions answered and connect with partners and other Microsoft Dynamics users, we’re reserving Friday for sessions hosted by our user group communities that wrap up what you’ve learned and give you even more ideas to take home.
Here are just a few highlights for 2014:
- Speed networking: We heard your requests for scheduled times to connect with other attendees. Now you can quickly get to know other Microsoft Dynamics users from around the globe, get help from them, and maybe share some tips of your own.
- Roundtable discussions: We’re bringing these back, but with expanded offerings and a more structured environment to maximize efficiency.
- Theater presentations: We haven’t won any Oscars (yet), but we’ll provide a casual setting where you can hear inspirational stories from our Customer Excellence Award winners.
- Customer Product Spotlight: Microsoft Dynamics customers all over the world create some amazing things, and we want to showcase them. You might be surprised to find out who uses Microsoft Dynamics to produce some of your favorite products.
- Amazing keynotes and live concerts: We’ve got an all-star group of keynote speakers and live music from the GRAMMY Award®-winning band, FUN.
- Final wrap-up: After four days of great keynotes and breakout sessions, use Friday to make sure that all your questions get answered and that you go back to work on Monday full of great ideas.
Come spend a week in Atlanta with more than 12,000 enthusiasts from the Microsoft community, March 4–7, 2014. And don’t forget to register today—the early registration discount ends on January 9, 2014.