Today and Tomorrow
Where are you at and where do you want to be?
What do you have now, and what do you need to implement?
What do you see happening now that affects how you do business next year?
Those are the questions that can help you decide which sessions are right for you at Convergence 2013. Everyone learns differently, absorbs information differently and networks in their own way. Knowing this, Convergence offers many different styles of session delivery to help meet individual needs. With so hundreds of options for learning and networking at Convergence, we invite you to review the content overview here so that you can see a clear path to achieving your goals and objectives for this year’s conference. We’ll dig into the specifics of each of the different session types, and then you can decide which sessions and tracks are designed with you in mind.
The keynotes lined up for Convergence 2013, while stimulating and thought-provoking , will help open you up to A World Ahead. With an opening keynote sure to set the course ahead (for both Microsoft Dynamics and your time at Convergence 2013) and a closing keynote with a world-renown leader who will share a perspective that is both global and local in focus, our keynotes are the time and the place for the community to come together and consider the possibilities on the road ahead.
From the keynotes, we move right into general sessions, where we separate into our respective product groups to hear more about the present and future of each of the Microsoft Dynamics solutions. With exciting new product releases to highlight with each product, the general sessions have important news to share—and are vital to attend. Folks most concerned with Microsoft Dynamics AX will have their time and space, as will Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL. Knowing that Microsoft Dynamics CRM crosses many of the ERP products, we’re offering that general session in both of our two general session timeslots. And since business leadership spans everyone’s interests, our presenter and topic for that track is sure to pique your curiosity – and your interests.
These sessions are the ones that everyone is waiting for. Leaders within the Microsoft product teams have been spending countless hours evaluating past sessions, reviewing feedback, digging into survey results and consulting with the user group communities to carefully craft the most relevant and timely of sessions. Lasting 60 minutes, our concurrent sessions typically take the standard presentation format. Informative, revealing and sometimes even entertaining, you’ll find hundreds of titles that span our seven tracks. Be sure to review and/or filter our Session Catalog by the different fields – including Audience, Industry and Skill Level, so that you can tailor your sessions to your specific needs. Plan to grab a cup of coffee, relax and listen in as our product experts share their knowledge, demonstrate the product, and throw out a time-saving tip or two as you take one step closer to expanding your personal knowledge base.
It’s likely that your favorite Interactive Discussion is one where you give as much as you take. With less of a focus on presentation, Interactive Discussions are most successful when the small-in-size audience is open to sharing, is active in participation, and possesses some knowledge of the topic at hand. These sessions are kept small in seating and room size on purpose to foster the intimacy of the discussion; if there are topics that are high on your priority list, it’s recommended that you arrive early to claim your seat.
Deep Dive Sessions
Sometimes, 60 minutes just isn’t enough. Just when you think you’re starting to understand the topic, the session ends. The solution to this? Deep Dives! With 90 minutes devoted to these sessions, you’ll need to stay on your toes—and on your game—to capture all the valuable information presented. Similar in scope to concurrent sessions, deep dives have the freedom to cover the hottest topics with the most thoroughness. This session type is focused on the presentation, and often offers in-depth demonstrations.
User Group Sessions
The user group communities for our five product families are alive and well-represented here at Convergence! Each community has pulled together their product experts and are set to deliver content that showcase the vibrancy and connectedness within those groups. Each session will highlight content not seen elsewhere in the event—and you do not need to belong to the user group to attend these sessions. Dip your toes into the pool—or dive in with both feet. You’ll find the information shared and the connections made to be essential to your Convergence experience.
Take away the technology, and gather folks around a table labeled with topics of key interest and there you have it: Roundtable Discussions. We invite those of like interests and similar experiences to gather for loosely structured networking and discussion. Each table will likely have a facilitator, but your active participation is what will make your table a success.
Customers far and wide have found that their Microsoft Dynamics solution can be enhanced or amplified by deploying the solutions or services developed by valued Microsoft Partners. We’ve set aside time in our jam-packed Convergence agenda for our event sponsors to showcase many of these solutions. Be sure to check out the Session Catalog over time to see all the exciting solutions, technologies and innovations that you can learn about by attending Sponsor Sessions.
Hands on Labs - A Virtual Experience
The Hands on Labs are a learning opportunity where you use your computer to “work” inside a virtual version of the Microsoft Dynamics products. Microsoft product teams have created learning exercises which you’ll work your way through at your own pace, giving you the opportunity to learn about new functionality, features and processes ‘hands on’.
New this year: There is so much to do at Convergence and we want you to maximize your face-to-face time at the event. That said, the Hands on Labs will be available online only as a fully virtual experience during and after the event. Complete labs during the day or night, on your own machine or on the onsite Communications Kiosks. Or, if you prefer, save this lab time for when you return home. To launch a lab, simply visit the Convergence website, login to My Convergence, and utilize Schedule Builder to locate the labs of your choice.
Located within the Convergence Experience Center, the Convergence Theater will showcase a variety of bite-sized presentations that provide you the opportunity to listen in, grab a nugget or two of knowledge and then continue on your way through the show floor. Convergence Orientation sessions, industry-focused presentations, and Q&A opportunities with this year’s Customer Excellence Award winners will be featured in the theater, with presentations lasting a maximum of 20 minutes. Visit the Session Catalog for session details.
Tracks @ Convergence 2013
Each session, forum and discussion held at Convergence 2013 is mapped to a specific track. These tracks are one of the many ways that you as an attendee can identify which sessions are right for you. Whether you hope to learn more about the product presently deployed, or are looking to evaluate another product for future deployment in your business, Convergence offers you the freedom to choose what you want to learn and which sessions will benefit you most.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX +
- The Microsoft Dynamics AX track will provide IT and business professionals with opportunities to explore first-hand the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics AX, make and strengthen connections within the Dynamics AX community, and learn how to maximize the value of your deployment. It’s a great opportunity to attend sessions that cover the enhanced industry and functional capabilities in the R1 and R2 releases of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Whether you are an existing customer—or a prospective customer considering Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012—Convergence is the biggest single gathering of the Dynamics AX global community. Attendees at this annual event will be able to connect and share best practices with customers, partners, industry experts, and the Microsoft Dynamics AX product team.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM +
- At Convergence 2013, you will experience the excitement of new Microsoft Dynamics CRM capabilities—including key enhancements in incredible new browsers, Microsoft Office and mobile user experiences, social CRM, business productivity, cloud innovation, collaboration and insights. Whether you are deploying CRM for the first time—or looking to extend your deployments with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you will leave this event with a complete view of the incredible innovation included in Microsoft Dynamics CRM both now and into the future. We’ll show how Microsoft Dynamics CRM also maximizes business value with your other Microsoft technology investments. As with all Convergence conferences, attendees will find additional value in networking with members of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM team, partners with detailed solution and industry expertise, and with other successful customers from around the world who benefit from Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP +
- It is an exciting time in the world of Microsoft Dynamics GP with our new release, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and the innovative new web client. The concurrent sessions, deep dives and interactive discussion topics are based on what you’ve asked for! Topics focus around in-depth product tips and tricks, going beyond basic reporting, personalization and IT related topics. Plus you’ll get to hear from your peers on how they leverage Microsoft Dynamics GP to maximize their investment. Grab this opportunity to see what’s available in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 to help you find a new way to do business. Take your learning back and help make calculated changes in your organization to get the most out of your solution.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV +
- The Microsoft Dynamics NAV track will provide business users and IT professionals with the opportunity to explore how Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is a quick to implement, simple-to-use business solution from Microsoft with the power to support your business ambitions. The concurrent sessions, deep dives and interactive discussion topics will offer both product tips and tricks, and deep dives into the new comprehensive capabilities of the latest product release – from easy deployment, new client opportunities, simple user experience, insightful business intelligence and reporting, enhanced features and upgrade best practices. Convergence is also your opportunity to network with members of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV team, partners with vertical expertise, and to connect with other customers and peers and take your learning back to your teams in order to get most out of your solution.
- Microsoft Dynamics SL +
- The Microsoft Dynamics SL track will provide IT professionals and business users with opportunities to explore and experience the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics SL. Whether you are an existing customer looking to upgrade or are on the latest version, you will walk away from Convergence with what you need to help your organization move forward and get more from your Microsoft Dynamics SL investment. Connect and share best practices with customers, partners, industry experts, and the Microsoft Dynamics SL product team. Breakout sessions will feature Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 FP1, topics gathered from the Dynamics SL user group and your feedback, ranging from customizations, module-focused discussions to the ISV showcase and much more. This year’s keynote will highlight the new platform agnostic interface for Project Time Entry!
- Microsoft Office +
- Within this track, you’ll learn how Microsoft Office products integrate with the Microsoft Dynamics products to deliver a top-notch productivity experience. Our sessions will introduce you to the newest release of Microsoft Office bringing extra attention to our cloud service Office 365. The Office track will educate you on the latest and greatest versions of the products you are already familiar with, such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange. You’ll leave each session with a new understanding of the intersection of Office and Microsoft Dynamics products as well as with a greater appreciation for the products you use every day both on-premises or online.
- Cross Product +
- Solutions and Services that span multiple Microsoft product solutions reside within the Cross Product track so that attendees can gain the greatest visibility on the sessions most relevant to their needs. Management Reporter is one of our hot topics, with high interest levels equaling high demand for sessions. Forecaster, Connector, as well as Microsoft Services, are also fair game in the Cross Product track so be sure to review the specific products in these sessions to ensure the topics apply to your deployment or interests.
- Business Leadership +
- Back by popular demand, this year’s Business Leadership track features the great presentation skills and interesting topics from Dale Carnegie® Training. For the past few years, our Dale Carnegie-sponsored breakout sessions were among the highest rated sessions and we’re thrilled to work with them again on the delivery of meaningful and informative topics meant to provide leaders with the motivation and confidence needed to lead their teams on the road ahead.