View the audit history of individual records
You can view the audit history of records only when auditing is enabled for the organization and enabled for the record types and fields.
- In any list of records, open the record for which you want to view the changes made.
- Under Related, click Audit History.
- In the Filter on drop-down box, click a field for which you want to view the audit history.
- OR -
To view the audit history of all the fields in the record, click All Fields.
By default, all fields for which auditing is enabled is displayed in the list.
The following details are listed for the audited fields:
- The date when the fields were changed.
- The user who updated the fields.
- The action performed on the fields, such as Create or Update.
- The previous and new value for the changed field.
If auditing is stopped and restarted at the organization, entity, or field level, any new values prior to stopping the audit will not be used in an audit log or audit history. For example, two days ago the value in the Rating field is Cold when auditing is stopped. Auditing was started today. During the two days without auditing, the value for the field changed from Cold to Warm to Hot. When restarting the audit, the audit history has Cold (the value when the auditing stopped), although the New Values column has a symbol to show you that auditing had been disrupted.
- To open the change list for an item, double-click the item.
When a reference for a record to another record is changed or added, the changes for the referenced record will not be tracked. The changes will be tracked for the referring record. More information: Tracking changes for entity relationships.