You can use the hidden text feature in Office Word 2007 to add instructions or prompts.
Add detailed directions and well-placed prompts to a worksheet, and then format the added text as hidden. As students work on an assignment, they can view the hidden text to read your instructions and then hide the text to see only their own work.
To create hidden text in a worksheet:
- Draft your assignment using Office Word 2007, noting areas where you could provide support in the form of directions or prompts for students.
- When your document is completed, highlight the directions or prompts that you want hidden.
- On the Home tab in the Font group, click the dialog box launcher. In the Effects area, select Hidden, and then click OK.
- The selected text will disappear from your document. It's still there—just hidden from view.
- To see hidden text, on the Home tab in the Paragraph group, click the Show/Hide button. This toggles hidden text and formatting marks on and off.
Note: As a default, hidden text does not print.