Shapes and drawings
You can add a single shape directly to a page and then simply add text into the shape. To create a drawing with multiple shapes, lines, and text, you can compose the image using a drawing canvas and then group the shapes.
To insert a shape on a page and add text to it:
- Start with a new or existing document.
- On the Insert tab in the Illustrations group, click Shapes, and then select and draw the shape on a page.
- With the shape selected, click the Drawing Tools Format tab.
- Use the options on the tab to format the shape. For example, add a style, a fill color, a 3-D effect, or wrap text around the shape.
- To add text in the shape, right-click the shape, and click Add Text. The shape becomes a text box, and the tab changes to Text Box Tools.
- Click the shape, and type your text.
- To format the text in the shape, select the text, and then, on the Home tab, apply the formatting options you want. For example, you could change the size, type, and color of the text and then center or justify the text in the shape.