Value of MSDN AA for Faculty
What is the value of the MSDN Academic Alliance program to me as an educator?
By incorporating the use of professional-level developer and designer software and tools into your curriculum you will be able to enhance the level of instruction you provide to students through in-class instruction, out-of-class assignments and individual projects. Enhance the level of instruction you provide to your students by enabling them to gain valuable hands-on experience and skills that they will need to get ahead in their careers.
Through the MSDN AA you have access to:
- Tutorials, code samples, projects, white papers with an academic focus, case studies, and other relevant content that is appropriate and useful for faculty members
- Faculty Connection, a community website which features a wide range of resources for faculty teaching STEM and VIDA courses.
- Training for MSDN AA faculty on the use of the technology provided through the MSDN AA program.
- Project submission area where faculty can share and collaborate on projects
- MSDN AA Monitored Newsgroups, where faculty are able to communicate and collaborate with one another
Professional software from MSDN AA helps you:
- Increase the level of student engagement in class by helping them understand the relevance that the curriculum that you are teaching has to real-world applications, and demonstrate how what they are learn in the classroom will ultimately help them. achieve success in their professional careers
- Complement your in-class lessons with out-of-class assignments that incorporate the use of a professional-level tool suite
- Help your students the increase the value of education they are receiving by helping them gain valuable project skills and hands-on experience
Explore the technology arena with innovative solutions
Is your department signed up for MSDN AA?
Submit the class list to your MSDN AA Program Administrator
Point Students to available Software and training materials in MSDN Academic Alliance
Get curriculum material for teaching
Use Imagine Cup for capstone software design projects