When you are considering and interviewing candidates for a primary and middle school teacher position, use the following responsibilities and competencies to evaluate candidates. This information can help you identify people who are likely to be successful in this position.
When interviewing for a new primary and middle school teacher, look for a candidate who will be able to perform these primary responsibilities:
- Represents and promotes the district’s mission and values
- Creates a positive, non-threatening, supportive learning environment
- Serves as a role model to students
- Is flexible and open-minded with respect to learning styles
- Motivates students to learn and maximize their achievement
- Prepares students to be responsible, independent learners