For more information on your device, select it on the Support main page.
There are two different reset commands available to restore the factory settings in Nokia Symbian^3 phones (e.g. Nokia N8-00, E7-00, C7-00, Astound, C6-01, 700). The commands can be found in Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone management > Factory settings:
- This command restores the original (i.e. factory) settings and does not affect documents or files stored on the phone.
- Email settings need to be recreated after the reset.
- This command is the same as the command *#7780# typed on the keypad.
2) Delete data and restore
- This command restores the original (factory) settings and deletes all content from mass memory (E:), also the pre-loaded content including e.g. widgets. The command deletes also all user content from the phone memory (C:).
- All the settings need to be recreated after the reset and the applications reinstalled.
- This command is the same as the command *#7370# typed on the keypad.
- Note that all the user files on E: mass memory and C: phone memory will be deleted, e.g. the photos and videos. It is therefore important to copy the user data before resetting the device. Use Nokia Suite to take a full backup of the device contents.
- Don't use this command unless necessarily needed because some of the pre-installed applications (e.g. Web TV widgets) may get deleted and need to be reinstalled via Store or from Menu > Applications > SW Update.
When resetting your phone, you may be prompted to give a lock code. If the lock code has not been changed, the default code is 12345.
Before resetting, end all active calls and connections. If necessary, select the offline profile and check that there are no WLAN connections active.