The available Lumia features may vary, depending on, for example, your language, region, service provider, or phone model.
To fully turn off mobile (cellular) data connections, tap Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular+SIM), and switch Data connection to Off.
To keep mobile data connections but to reduce the data usage, consider the following options:
1. Limit the data usage:
- Tap Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular+SIM), and switch Data roaming options to Don’t roam.
- Tap Settings > data sense and tap set limit or switch Restrict background data usage and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming to On.
2. Turn off location services
- Tap Settings > location and switch Location services to Off.
- Tap Settings > find my phone and uncheck options.
- Start Maps app and tap ... > settings and switch Synchronize my places to Off.
3. Turn off backup
- Tap Settings > backup > apps+settings and switch Settings backup to Off.
- Tap Settings > backup > text messages and switch Text message backup to Off.
- Tap Settings > backup > photos+videos and select Don't upload.
4. Change your mail settings to retrieve mail items less frequently: start the mail account you want to modify, tap ... > settings > sync settings and change the setting for Download new content or set it to manual control.
5. Stop your phone connecting to your music collection in the cloud: start Music app, then tap ... > settings, and switch settings to off.
6. Stop your phone connecting to games: start Games app, then tap ... > settings, and switch all relevant settings off.