: Administrators should refer to the Administrator resources
If you have Microsoft Office 2000, do one of the following:
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site. Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.
- Install Security Update for Office 2000 (KB921568). To do this, follow these steps:
Download the .exe file by clicking on the Download button at the top of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- office2000-kb921568-fullfile-enu.exe: You might need to provide the installation source
during patch installation.
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the Office Admin Update Center
. On that site, scroll down and look under the Update Resources
section for the product version you are updating.
The download for this update is available by clicking on the Download
button at the top of the page. You can double-click the executable package to begin installation, or extract the patch files (MSP files) by using a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the Knowledge Base article (197147): Command-Line Switches For IExpress Software Update Packages
See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the Security Update for Office 2000 (KB921568)
for further information about this update.