The Lync 2010 SDK is the client-side API set that enables the integration and extension of Lync experiences.
This download was originally released on December 1, 2010. For a complete list of fixes and changes in this latest version, please see KB article 2524954.
Microsoft Lync 2010 SDK includes Microsoft Lync 2010 API, a managed-code platform API that developers use to build applications that leverage the Microsoft Lync 2010 collaboration features. In addition to Lync 2010 API, Lync SDK includes a set of controls that can be used to add Lync 2010 features to a Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), HTML, or Microsoft Silverlight 4.0 application.
With Lync SDK, you can add Lync 2010 features to an existing business application, or create a custom client that includes Lync 2010 features. In either case, Lync 2010 must be a running process on the client computer that hosts a Lync 2010 API application.
To add Lync 2010 features to an application, use a drag-and-drop operation to move XAML controls from Lync SDK into a WPF or Silverlight application. For more advanced scenarios, use a .NET Framework language to incorporate Lync 2010 API features into your application.
Lync 2010 API is commonly used to start a new conversation within your custom application, after which you will participate in that conversation using the Lync 2010 conversation window. You can also start and participate in a conversation within your custom application without displaying the Lync 2010 conversation window. Lync 2010 API can also be used to generate a contact list within your custom application using data obtained from Lync 2010.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Vista
Note: Link SDK is installed in the %root%\program files (x86) folder. In Microsoft Visual Studio development system, set your custom application build platform target to Any CPU so that your application runs on either 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems.
- Application Development
The following requirements must be met before developing applications with Lync SDK.
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 or Visual Studio 2010 RTM for Microsoft Windows Forms or WPF development.
- Visual Studio 2010 RTM for Silverlight development.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later service pack.
- Microsoft Silverlight 4.0 runtime, installed with Lync 2010.
- Microsoft Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010.
- Custom Application Deployment
To deploy a Lync SDK application, application users must sign in to Lync 2010, and the following components must be present on the target computer.
- Lync SDK redistributable components:
- Microsoft.Lync.Model.dll desktop version
- Microsoft.Lync.Model.dll Silverlight version
- Lync 2010
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.
- Hardware Recommendation
- Use typical current hardware configurations with a minimum of 2 GB RAM for the supported operating systems.
The following prerequisite components must be installed prior to installing Lync SDK.
Lync SDK setup installs the following components.
- Lync SDK assemblies for desktop and Silverlight applications.
- LyncSdkRedist.msi for redistributing the runtime assemblies that support your custom Lync application.
- Lync 2010 API sample applications.
To install this download
To uninstall this download
- Download LyncSdkSetup.exe.
- Launch LyncSdkSetup.exe and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
- Using the right-click menu for Microsoft Lync 2010 SDK, select Uninstall.
- Create a new project in Visual Studio and add references to %root%\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Lync\SDK\Assemblies\Desktop\Microsoft.LyncModel.dll to your project.
- If you create a Silverlight application, see %root%\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Lync\SDK\Assemblies\Silverlight\ folder.