The Find My Phone feature lets you ring your phone remotely and map the approximate location of your phone. If your phone is lost or stolen, you can also lock it or delete all the data.
- Sign in to www.windowsphone.com using Microsoft account email address.
- Open the My Phone drop down menu and select Find My Phone.
- Locate your phone on a map, press Refresh to update location.
Change settings on your phone
- Enable the location services on your phone. Select Settings > location.
- Mark the check box next to Always use push notifications (not SMS) to send commands and apps to my phone to allow the push notifications over the mobile data. Why? Find My Phone can only send 15 text messages per a three-day period to your phone. To avoid this limit, use the push notifications instead of SMS.
- Mark the check box next to Save my phone's location periodically and before the battery runs out to make it easier to find to have your phone send its location to the servers more frequently.
- Note! If your phone is not switched on the Find My Phone service won't locate your phone on a map until there is a mobile data connection, but it will try for a 72 hour and you will receive an email to your Microsoft account email address.