Unsure how your phone should work? If you are thinking of sending your phone for repair, check these easy steps first. They may fix the issue and save your time and effort.
Easy fix 1: Restart your phone
If your phone has a removable battery, switch your phone off, take the battery out, put it back in after a few seconds and switch your phone on.
If your battery is not removable, switch the power on and press and hold the power key until the phone vibrates and turns off. Then switch your phone on.
Easy fix 2 : Charge your phone
1. Plug the charger to a wall outlet.
2. Connect the charger to the phone.
3. When the phone indicates a full charge, disconnect the charger from the phone then from the wall outlet.
If the battery is completely discharged it may take several minutes before the charging indicator is shown or before you can make any calls.
If the battery has not been used for a long time, you may need to connect the charger then disconnect and reconnect to begin charging.
Easy fix 3: Restore to factory settings
Restore original settings: If your phone is not working properly you can reset some settings to their original values. This does not affect documents or files stored on your phone but we recommend you take a back-up before restoring to factory settings. See instructions in the user manual.
1. End all active calls and connections.
2. Select Settings and Phone > Phone management > Factory settings > Restore.
3. If asked, type in the security code.
After restoring the original settings the phone switches off and then on again. This may take longer than usual.