Your trip. Your way. Explore the open road with Microsoft AutoRoute. Tailor your trip, generate maps and directions, and find interesting stops along the way—all without an Internet connection.1 Let AutoRoute help you find the adventure—not get lost finding it.
Microsoft AutoRoute is the customisable travel planning software that helps you get accurate directions, easily explore new areas and find the services you want and need along the way. You can create journey schedules, and drag and drop part of a route onto another section of road to create a detour. Points of interest are easy to browse and add to your journey. AutoRoute gives you detailed door to door directions and more than 5.5 million miles of navigable roads and motorways throughout Europe—no Internet connection required.
- Updated maps for Eastern and Western Europe: 37 countries covered.
- Find your way quickly and easily by entering an address, postcode, or placename to get maps and step-by-step directions for your journey.
- Simple to plan the perfect trip, including multiple stops, points of interest (POI), and start and stop times.
- Flexible trip planning options like custom start times, driving speeds, and rest breaks.
- Tailor your trips by driving speeds and road types to avoid highways or to choose a more scenic route.
- Choose from more points of interest—3 million of them—to find inspiration for destinations and locate the services you need—without an Internet connection.
- View the quickest routes with one-click trip optimization.
- Add pushpins to mark places of interest—especially helpful on longer journeys.
- Optimise your trip by calculating mileage, time, and expenses in advance.
Planning a holiday in the States?
Before you land in New York or California—or anywhere in between—you can use Microsoft Streets & Trips to plan a driving tour in advance. Streets & Trips, the #1-selling map and travel planning software2, helps you easily plan your travels in North America. Generate maps and directions, tailor your route, and find interesting stops along the way—no Internet required. Read more.
Top of page
Plan the perfect trip
Customisable trip planning options help you plan your travel to multiple destinations or quickly alter your route by just dragging and dropping it on your map. Personalise and save your maps, adding drawings, notes and pushpins with important information or import your contacts directly from Microsoft Outlook and Excel. AutoRoute makes it easy to plan the perfect trip.
Plan your ultimate trip, from sightseeing to petrol stops
- Plan your route with flexible options like custom start times, driving speeds, and rest breaks—even preferred types of roads!
- Save time by setting your map to always start at a particular location.
- ENHANCED—Includes more than 3 million points of interest including post offices, pharmacies, restaurants, fuel stations, ATMs, and more. No Internet connection required.
- Find new points of interest with Bing Maps. Looking for a brand new restaurant? Find it with Bing Maps and take it with you on AutoRoute.
- Estimate drive times, so you will always know how close you are to your destination.
- Updated look and feel.