Microsoft Transform the Datacentre Workshop
The Microsoft Transform the Datacentre Workshop is a 1/2 day event delivered jointly with our strategic partners at regional locations across the UK. Microsoft has been developing its Modern Datacentre and Cloud solutions over the past years and recently announced the availability of its latest private, hybrid and public cloud solutions that allow your organization to build, deliver and manage hybrid cloud services on your terms.
Today's applications need a modern platform that enables IT to manage all datacentre resources across multiple clouds, allows applications to scale dynamically, and allows you to secure and unlock insights on any data anywhere. Microsoft's Cloud OS approach delivers a consistent and comprehensive set of capabilities via Windows Server, Hyper-V, System Center and Microsoft Azure, across 3 clouds: on premise, Microsoft Azure and service providers, allowing you to take advantage of the hybrid cloud on your terms, without fear of lock-in.
With Windows Server 2003 reaching end-of-support on July 14th 2015, now is the right time to transform your datacentre and plan your migration to a modern platform built on Windows Server 2012 R2, Hyper-V and Microsoft Azure, and managed by Microsoft System Center 2012 R2.
The Road to a modern datacentre and the cloud might seem like a daunting journey for organizations that have already made significant investments in technology and applications. We will discuss how you can take a structured approach to migrating your legacy infrastructure and applications to a modern platform and extend your datacentre to the public cloud.
This free event will give you an opportunity to:
- Understand how the Microsoft Cloud OS vision can benefit your datacentre and business
- Learn about Microsoft's Modern Datacentre and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Find out what's new in Windows Server, Hyper-V, System Center and Microsoft Azure
- Get advice on how to migrate from Windows Server 2003 (EOS is July 14th 2015)
- Interact with experts from Microsoft and our partners
- Learn about our licensing options and early adopter customers
AGENDA FOR THE DAY
The agenda will include the following sessions:
- 09:30-10:00 - The Microsoft Cloud OS Story
- 10:00-10:45 - Building your Private Cloud on Windows Server and Hyper-V
- 10:45-11:30 - Managing your Private Cloud with System Center
- 11:30-11:45 - Break
- 11:45-12:30 - Extending your Datacentre to the Public Cloud with Microsoft Azure
- 12:30-13:15 - Considerations when Migrating to a Modern Platform
- 13.15-13.30 - Licensing & Next Steps
- 13:30-14:00 - Lunch
Today's applications need a modern platform that enables IT to manage all datacentre resources across multiple clouds, supports apps that scale dynamically, unlocks insights on data anywhere and enables you to securely deliver a personalised experience to any device anywhere.
Microsoft's cloud approach delivers a consistent and comprehensive set of capabilities via Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Microsoft Azure, that will help you take advantage of the cloud on your terms, without fear of lock-in.
Find a specialist Microsoft Partner. Our partner network can help you make the right choices at every step, from identifying the business case to deploying effectively. Find one using PinPoint. Click here
Free, online training. With almost 1 million IT Professionals already signed up, the Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) offers free online training on the latest Microsoft technology. Click here
Download and try the products for free. If you would like to get hands-on with any of the other Microsoft Cloud OS technologies, here are links to download free evaluation versions of Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Microsoft Azure.