For more information on your device, select it on the Support main page.
Back up all data stored on your memory card or Hard Disk before formatting.
If you have Nokia S40 device, select one of the following paths:
- Menu > Apps. > Memory card > Format mem. card. (example devices: 3208c, 2730c)
- Menu > Apps. > Memory card > Mem.card options > Format memory card. (example devices: 6750)
- Menu > Apps. > Extras > Memory card > Options > Mem.card options > Format memory card. (example devices: 2710 navigation edition, X2)
If you have Nokia S60 device, note that formatting can be done in File manager or Memory tool depending on device model. The command paths may be slightly different between devices, see some typical examples in the following:
- Menu > Applications > Office > File mgr., select Memory card and then Options > Memory card options > format.(example devices: 5230, C5-00, 6730c)
- Menu > Tools > Memory > Options > Format memory card.(example devices: E71, E63, E51, E66, N76, N92, N95)
- Menu > Office > File Mgr., open Memory Card and select Options > Memory Card Options > Format.(E75, E72, E55, E52, E5)
Important: The memory card or Hard Disk inside your Nokia device should ONLY be formatted using your Nokia device. Do not attempt to format your memory card or Hard Disk on another device such as a PC, otherwise your memory card or Hard Disk may not work properly.