With Mail for Exchange you can wirelessly access your email, calendar and contacts. Before setting up Mail for Exchange, you need to know your Domain name, Mail for Exchange server name, User name and password. Contact your company's IT help desk to get this information.
The following steps guide you through setting up Mail for Exchange by using the e-mail setup wizard. Alternatively, if you have already installed Mail for Exchange via the SW Update menu, you can set up Mail for Exchange profile directly by going to Menu > Applications > MfE > Mail for Excha..
The sample below shows how the e-mail can be set up e.g. in the following Nokia devices:
- Nokia N97, N97 mini, X6-00, 5230, 5232, 5233, 5235. 5228
Start the e-mail setup wizard. You can find the wizard in the following ways:
- Select Set up e-mail if shown on your home screen
- Select Menu > Applications > Sett. wizard > E-mail setup
- Select Menu > Messaging > Options > Settings > E-mail > Mailboxes
When the setup wizard starts, select the following::
- Select Start.
- Select OK if prompted to install Nokia Email client.
- Select Yes when prompted to allow the application to use the network to send or receive data. The setup wizard will need to access the network in order to complete your configuration. Depending on your operator contract, this may involve some data transfer charges. Wait for the wizard to establish a network connection.
- Select Start when prompted to start the E-mail setup
- If prompted to select from a list of pre-defined email services (Ovi Mail, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail etc.), select Other.
- Enter your E-mail address and select OK.
- Select Mail for Exchange when prompted for the type of email to set up.
- In the first Settings menu define the following:
- Domain - give the domain name for your account
- User name - user name of your account
- Password - password for the user name
- Server name - name of the Exchange server
- Secure login - select whether the secure login option is used
- In the next Settings menu define the data to be synchronised. Choose one of the following:
- E-mail only
- Email, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks
- Select OK when asked to install Mail for Exchange.
- Select Continue when prompted.
- Depending on your company policy you may be requested to enter or change your lock code.
After successfully completing the wizard, your e-mail account appears in Menu > Messaging. If you need to change any Mail for Exchange settings, select Menu > Applications > MfE > Mail for Exch. (or Menu > Applications > Mail for Exch. > Options on some devices.) to edit the profile settings.
Note: When using Mail for Exchange, you may be requested to enter your lock code. The default lock code is 12345. If you forget the lock code, the device needs to be taken for repair to have the lock code reset. For information on the nearest repair center, visit your local Nokia Support website.