No. From 2013, you do not have to connect your phone to your computer for the update. You can simply download and install the update wirelessly using either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Data transmission costs may apply. For more info, see the user guide of your phone.
- I cannot hear the other person in a call
- How can I update the software of my Nokia Asha or Series 40 phone without a computer?
- How do I resolve the “conflicting applications” error when starting one of my preinstalled applications?
- How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?
- I cannot send or receive email