1. Switch off the phone and then remove the memory card. For information on how to remove the memory card, see your Nokia phone's user guide.
2. Connect the memory card to a PC with a USB or SD card adapter; your memory card should appear as a separate drive on the computer:
- If the memory card problem message box appears, follow the on-screen instruction to fix the problem.
- If the memory card is not recognised by the PC, it may be broken or password protected by the previous device where it was used. Remove the password from the memory card with the previously used device.
3. Insert the memory card into the slot in the phone until it locks into place.
4. Format the memory card using your Nokia phone. Before formatting the memory card, make sure you have a backup of the data as it is lost during formatting. For information on how to format the memory card, see your Nokia phone's user guide.
The previous actions usually solve your problem. If they do not help, test with another compatible memory card to see if the issue is with the card. Some memory cards are currently incompatible with your phone. For optimal performance, we recommend a fast 4-32GB card by a well-known manufacturer, for example, SanDisk Extreme Pro, Toshiba Exceria, or Samsung Pro.